Ok so here's the deal.

I've been hankering for a new valve amp for a while now. I've been looking at the Fender Blues Junior. Now, since I've been back from uni I've started playing my Strat a lot more and I've fallen in love with the Strat sound (albeit Squier) all over again.

To improve my sound most what do you think I should do? Get the Blues Junior, continue to play with both my Gibson and my Squier. Hold off getting the amp for a while longer (I'm still reasonably happy with my Cube + Jekyll & Hyde) and either:

a) Revamp my Squier a bit - new pickups, maybe new bridge, tuners, etc. Because, I like the way it plays/feels tbh.
b) Buy a new mexican Strat, and probably end up selling my Squier.

Cheers.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
I say get the Blues Junior first. Sell the Squier when you're close to having the money for the Strat...there's no point doing up a shitey guitar, it'll still be shit and will be a waste of money. Good luck mate.
Celtic FootballClub1888
Overall tone can only be as good as the amp's tone, IMO.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
Fair enough, but having the guitar that's right for you is also important.

Anyone else have an opinion?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
buy the blues junior and buy new pickups for the squier
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.