So I actually had this in a different, more vague thread, but I realized this is something that maybe I should share with those who are interested. I was recently given an MXR Phase 90 pedal from around 1970-1972 and I just finished repairing it/cleaning it up today and I thought I would share some pics and clips, so here ya go:

PICS:

CLIP:

http://media.putfile.com/phase-90-sample2

Sorry for the static...I recorded directly from the phase90 to the line-in on my $12 sound card.
Nice of you to repost it. Thanks!

EDIT: Some dude from my town designed for MXR back in the 70's, and he came up with the original Phase 90, if I remember correctly. Cool.
I should put up some sound clips of mine, both the original script logo version and the reissue.

That is one sweet pedal, are you sure its a '70-'72 model though? I though that MXR switched to the block lettering in '77?
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Quote by ShutDown785
I should put up some sound clips of mine, both the original script logo version and the reissue.

That is one sweet pedal, are you sure its a '70-'72 model though? I though that MXR switched to the block lettering in '77?

Hmm, you might be right. I just assumed it was from early 70's cause thats when the person who gave it to me would most likely have used it since he was in a band then.

I would like to see some pics and hear some clips of your script model p90 if ya have them available.
Here's a few pics of my Phase 90.

You can find out when yours was made by the number on the pot. The first three numbers are the manufacturer's code, the next two numbers are the date it the potentiometer was made (in my case it's '74), the last two numbers are the week it was made (27th week of 1974).

I'll have some sounclips up later tomorrow.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
I hope it was the block logo before you refinished it, otherwise you've ruined it haha.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
I hope it was the block logo before you refinished it, otherwise you've ruined it haha.

I don't think he refinished it, just cleaned it up.
Quote by ShutDown785
Here's a few pics of my Phase 90.

You can find out when yours was made by the number on the pot. The first three numbers are the manufacturer's code, the next two numbers are the date it the potentiometer was made (in my case it's '74), the last two numbers are the week it was made (27th week of 1974).

I'll have some sounclips up later tomorrow.

awesome man, thanks for that!
Quote by R_H_C_P

yeah, like cokeisbetter said...I just cleaned it up/replaced 9-volt connector, thats all.