ok so i have a peavey xxl head a mg412 cab and a boss me50, ive came across a good deal on a tube combo as a trade for my halfstack, and i was wondering 60 tube watts be enough to play small-medium size shows, and if my me50 will sound better through a tube amp over a SS, opinons are very much appreciated.
60watts will be plenty enough man!!

You will more than likely not use the me-50 as the dist. on the amp would destroy it in a flash. So i would recomend you sell that and buy single effect pedals!
You can easily play gigs with 30 tube watts (and even 15 in some situations).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
60 watts is plenty... actually, it's like overkill
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
i will still keep the me 50 though i like it gives me everything and its so simple, its so much different distortions, effects, tuner, wah pedal, so ill prolly keep that. also i was wondering if you can change the tubes for more gain? sorry, im just getting into to tubes, i dont know much about them
^yes you can, different tubes produce different sounds.
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Quote by zackprs
^yes you can, different tubes produce different sounds.

thanks, i just read the thread on tubes, it sounds pretty confusing but ill just have someone help me at guitar center, oh and also, i play about 4-5 shows a month and thats why ive had the XXL, because you dont need to worry about anything, like tubes blowing, about how often should you change the tubes?
YUP! It's good.

And tubes should be changed 1-2 years, depending how much you play with them.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by esp_krank_vht
thanks, i just read the thread on tubes, it sounds pretty confusing but ill just have someone help me at guitar center, oh and also, i play about 4-5 shows a month and thats why ive had the XXL, because you dont need to worry about anything, like tubes blowing, about how often should you change the tubes?

You really don't need to worry about tubes blowing, they last 1-2 years for power tubes and 3-4 years for preamp tubes.
Also, a 60 watt all tube combo>a 100 watt half stack
(in terms of tone AND how loud it is)
Good luck.
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
tubes rarely ever blow, unless you're insanely hard on them. if you gig a lot, get two sets and practice with one and just gig with the other once you've gotten them broken in.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by esp_krank_vht
i just read the thread on tubes, it sounds pretty confusing but ill just have someone help me at guitar center

No one at Guitar Center knows shit. Start doing a little more research than just one thread here (although it's a good one!), get yourself a little up to speed. A good place to start is the individual tube reviews at The Tube Store. You can e-mail Doug over at Doug's Tubes and he'll be more than happy to help you handpick the tubes for the sound your looking for.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.