ive been learning some in flames stuff recently, but my current strings (10 - 46) are to thin and it doesnt sound as good. so what gauge of string would be best to use for tuning in C standard?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
i use Blue Steel .12-.54 but drop the .12 and put a .13 in and drop the .54 and put a .56 in
well i use ernie ball slinkys, ive been looking at either the skinny top heavy bottom (10 - 52) or beefy slinkys (11 - 54) would one of those been good?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
yeah, probably
i'd say use the skinny top heavy bottom if you are more into shredding and solos on the higher strings
but if you aren't really or can deal with a little bit thicker strings, get the beefy slinkys
thanks man, yeah i do (attempt) a lot of soloing so i'll try out the skinny tops
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Do any of you like the Ernie Ball Classic strings? I think they are fairly good.
Do any of you like the Ernie Ball Classic strings? I think they are fairly good.
11 is good already for C, no floppyness or "spaghetti strings". but 12 is even tighter and feels a bit better.

11's at C (when they're drop tuned)feel like what extra light strings would feel like at standard

12's at C (when they're drop tuned) feel like what medium strings would feel at standard tuning
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account