I went to m-g-r today to sell my Warlock 7 string. Bought it there last year for $130 used. Luckily I have 2 friends that work there, so I got $150 for it today. While I was there, I saw 2 Squier 51's for sale. They were both used, and both had the price tag of $149. How can they be worth more used than when new?
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
off topic but, is that place pretty good for used gear, and how is there selection?
lol I'm looking for a guitar,

And I think that If you made $20 off of them on a bass it is equally possible for them to badly price other items
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
Quote by juniorfr3ak
off topic but, is that place pretty good for used gear, and how is there selection?
lol I'm looking for a guitar,

And I think that If you made $20 off of them on a bass it is equally possible for them to badly price other items

Guitar, but yeah. Had my friends not been working there I probably would've only got $70 for it. They tend to usually give you half of the value of the instrument you take in, sometimes a bit less.

You can find some good stuff in their occasionally, and usually for a good price. Since most of the gear is used, you get a mix of good/bad guitars. But I have purchased several guitars from them over the years and have been satisfied with all of my purchases.

You just need to know what you are looking for when buying used. Always check the neck for warp, make sure there is no static in the pots, no loose input, things of that nature. As long as you inspect the instrument thoroughly, buying used can be great.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~