I'm not really sure, but is there a correct way to power it on? There is a standby switch and a power switch.

And is it possible to damage it by cranking it out?

thanks
It's meant to be cranked! But it drains out the tubes though...

It's...

off -> standby -> wait 1 minute -> on - > jam

and when off, you just go straight off.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
It's meant to be cranked! But it drains out the tubes though...

It's...

off -> standby -> wait 1 minute -> on - > jam

and when off, you just go straight off.

Thanks!.. But drains the tubes? how long do they last? and how much are they to replace? and do i have to worry about this during gigs?
You have to really try to break a tube amp. Powering it on wrong won't hurt the amp. It'll just hit the tubes with a full load before they are heated up and will cause them to fail sooner then they would normally.

There are different kinds of tubes. Preamp and Poweramp. The Preamp tubes last 4-5 years if they are good, but they often fail before that for various reasons. Power tubes will last about 2 years. Both are easy and cheap to replace. Crank your amp and have fun. Just keep a spare preamp tube or two with you at a gig, powertubes hardly ever fail, they just drain out over time really.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1
You have to really try to break a tube amp. Powering it on wrong won't hurt the amp. It'll just hit the tubes with a full load before they are heated up and will cause them to fail sooner then they would normally.

There are different kinds of tubes. Preamp and Poweramp. The Preamp tubes last 4-5 years if they are good, but they often fail before that for various reasons. Power tubes will last about 2 years. Both are easy and cheap to replace. Crank your amp and have fun. Just keep a spare preamp tube or two with you at a gig, powertubes hardly ever fail, they just drain out over time really.

you mean a set of tubes, and not another tube amp correct? and is there a place i could learn how to replace them ?

edit;budget :$

had to save forever for my valveking 112, it's a very nice amp imo.
Last edited by tr3nt at Mar 20, 2007,
I just bought my peavey windsor amp (very nice too imo) and I hadn't even had it for 2 months before a preamp tube blew out on me.

Tubes aren't that expensive at all. They can range from 10$-50$ish i'd say. Just make sure you have a couple extras laying around incase they burn out.
I am the Infantry.
okay thanks man ^.. are the replaceable within minutes by yourself?
Yep. Provided you've got the right kind for your amp, and they don't need biasing, you can just pull the old out and push the new in.
Preamp tubes for your amp and most guitar amps are 12AX7's...there are lots of kinds and brands also.

They are usually between 7-15 dollars for a standard new production tube. Just unplug and plug the new one in.

But if you blow a powertube (which isn't likely and you probably never will...most people replace them because they start to sound bad, not because they actually blow)...you'll have to buy a new set which can run about 30-50 bucks plus a bias job which is another 30-50 bucks (techs rip you off, but what can you do....in reality it takes them 10 minutes).
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
ONE more question, if i'm cranking it and i push the boost gain and boost volume buttons, it squeaks. whyy :X?
feedback. move forward or stand behind it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
feedback. move forward or stand behind it.

Thanks, I can't try atm parents are sleeping but i'll try it tomorrow