Okay I am currently preparing my custom order form on www.ranguitars.com, and I have a couple of questions to ask, if you can answer any of them, it'd be greatly appreciated. I just want to make all the right decisions, so with your help and advice, I can do more research and I'll be closer to ordering this guitar, this will be a 7-string Alder body guitar, with the cruiser shape, so here are the questions:

NECK LENGTH: If I go with a 24 fret guitar, what would be the advantages of getting a 25" (or 24.75") scale rather than a 25.5" scale? Would it be easier to solo with a shorter neck?
BRIDGE SYSTEM: Since I'm getting a neck thru body guitar, should I also get it string through body rather then a tremolo system to maximise my sustain?
TOP WOOD: Is it worth it to get a top wood on top of my Alder body? If so which one would look best to give it a smooth glossy look?
NECK: I am a big fan of the RG prestige necks, so should I go with a 5pc maple/mahogany neck and a rosewood fingerboard? Or what do you suggest?
FRET SIZE: I am not sure what the difference is between the following, but these are my options: Gottoh standard, Dunlop 6000, 6100, 6105, 6110, 6130, 6150, or 6230.
7-string pickups: What are good 7-string pickups out there for nice chunky rhythms and fluid creamy lead tones?
KNOBS: It gives me the option of what knobs I want on the guitar, what would be the point of having 2x Vol and 2X tone knobs?

I'm sorry there's a lot of questions, I just want to make all the right decisions, thanks a lot in advance.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
25.5" is standard for 90% of guitars including Fender. Gibson uses 24.75".

Longer scale gives more sustain, but it is slightly more difficult to play. The shorter scale is prefered for blues, because it is easier to perform complex blues chords.

The top wood on body is subjective, but a lot use quilted maple

for Fretsizes, the bigger it is easier to shred, but the smaller it is easier for chording. But if too big it is easier to go out of tune from pressing string too hard
1981 Marshall JCM800 2203
Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier 2 Channel
Sobbat Drive Breaker 1
Im definitely way more shred oriented then chord/rhythm oriented so I'll be reading more into the longer scales, and I'm also aiming to maximise my sustain, so the longer scale will be better for that too. Thanks for getting back to me, it really helped. =)
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Can anyone else answer any other of these questions?
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
ummm, two volumes let u control the volume of each individual pickup and teh tone of each induvidual, its good if u need like madd complikated stuff but to me it is a waste of space and grams of weight.
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
Hmm that is intruiging though, being able to control each pickup individually, I'll have to consider that, but I probably wouldnt go for it as it would probably cost a fair amount more. Thanks for getting back to me.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded