So im a little short on cash right now and basicly what im looking for is something that will be able to record me playing chords or whatever shit and then play it back to me Also I want the sound quality to be at least decent or else I would've bought a cheap tape recorder. I've been looking at the Line 6 GuitarPort because its like only $100, but im not sure if it does what I need.

So can someone basicly tell me a little bit about it and if its what I need, and if its not can you recommend something else for what im looking for. Nothing over like $100CAD pleeeease

Thanks.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

i just go it, i have a blues junior with no headphone, so i need soemthing with a headphone
its pretty cool, tons of effectsd and amp models to go through, it great for practice, i would give it a 5 for sound quality though, cause its digatal, and ur obviusly not gonna get really good tone from software. But its fukin awesome for practice, and inspiration(so may effects and amps)

if u wanna kno more pm me
sorry for stealing the thread by can the toneport record from guitar and chain of effects then bypass the effects of the toneport software just to make it analog?
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

there's the m-audio fasttrack USB, which is probably better quality and just as expensive.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
also there's the black box by m-audio. havent tried it all though..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

You can run all your effects into the tone port and record it with a clean patch. You will lose some tone but you can tweak untill you get the sound you want. It will still be digital modeled.
so does will it let me do what i want? Or is there anything I cant get out there thats cheaper? All I need to be able to do is record something and play it back to me so i can jam over it.

thanks.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123

The Toneport serie from line 6 is pretty good, on my school we've got 14 (!!!!) toneport kb34's (those are the newest and have the most functions)

but all those toneports are good (finally something good from line 6). It comes with a programme that's called Gearbox, with which you can simulate all kinds of effects, EQ's and amp models.

If you have a powerfull computer, get Cubase, learn to work with it, and you've got a great homestudio thingy....
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
but i dont need a home studio i just need to record me playing and play it back to me and play with it i dont need anything fancy and i dont want anything expensive.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind

Quote by batman123