Back when I used my Digitech GSP 21 Legend (10 or so years ago), I could turn the chorus rate to 0 and have no modulation whatsoever. It just remained constant and added thickness to my sound. Recently I have been trying different processors and pedals, yet when you turn the rate to 0, it just makes the rate slower. I am looking for a chorus pedal that will remain constant when the rate is on 0. Do any of you know of a good pedal that would do this?
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
EHX small clone.. great sound even the knob is 0..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

That's because the old chorus pedals were analog, using BBD (bucket brigade delay) chips. These stored the incoming signal in a bank of capacitors, and the signal was shifted along by a clock until it reached the other end. This produces a small delay of a few milliseconds. By varying the clock speed the delay time is constantly changed from long to short. Because the chip has the same amount of signal stored in it, if it is output quicker than it came in it will be slightly higher in pitch. If it's output more slowly, it'll be lower. This sounds like two or more instruments are playing the same thing together, each slightly out of time or pitch.
by turning the rate to zero, the clock oscillator would be stuck at a cerain value, so you wouldn't get the variations in pitch or delay, just one very short delay with the highs rolled off, even shorter than a slapback echo. This is mixed in with your original signal, which produces the thick sound.
Few newer pedals can replicate this part of the effect, either because they use digital algorithms of because they are designed to stay within the operating limits of the analog chips which aren't made to as high a spec anymore. You could either try to find a similar pedal, or an analog delay. Digital delays can't produce such small delay times, but some analog ones can, perhaps the old boss ones, since they use the same bbd chips. Just set the feedback level to zero and the delay time to very short.