Ok so I've read about True bypass on pedals and whatnot but couldn't figure this one out.
Is True Bypass only "True" Bypass if ALL your pedals are True bypass?
Meaning, if 9 of out 10 pedals are True Bypass, and one of your pedal isn't a True Bypass, does that one pedal suck your tone away?

In another words, is True Bypass "all or nothing" or can it be seen as like a sewer system? Where one place may be clogged with some amount of whatever, but since other parts are open and free it won't effect the system as a whole that much?

These 4 are the pedals I'm planning to get

Ibanez TS9DX FLEXI-4X2 Keeley Mod (True Bypass)
Boss DS-1 ULTRA Mod Keeley Mod (Not True Bypass)
Vox V847A Wah Wah Pedal (Planning to mod myself for True Bypass)
Boss RC-2 Looper (Not True Bypass)

In this case, I'm guessing the two Boss pedals are going to clogg up my tone. Is there anyway to fix this? (Replacing it with other brand/item), Or is this ok?

Thanks alot.
Just to let you know, the A version of the V847 is true bypass, so you won't need to mod it. And it's a great wah. But true bypass is not an all or nothing thing. Two true bypass pedals and two buffered probably won't sound too bad, provided they aren't horrible buffers. Buffers can be great (affecting your tone so little that you can't tell unless you have about five of them in a row) or terrible (sucking your tone when it's the only pedal in your chain). You should be fine with what you've got.
doesnt apply to this case, but once you get to a certain point all tb actually might hurt your tone. alot of people have some kind of pedal at the very front of their chain that is known to have a good buffer and then leave the rest tb--this helps the signal from deteriorating from going through all that cableage. the only thing is that i dont know how good a buffer the boss pedals have, so i cant really help you there.
the boss pedals have a decent, but not great buffer.

and no, true bypass is not mandatory, i get by without it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Not all your pedals need to be true bypass.

Basically, tone sucking is a progressive sort of thing. Its not really that bad if you only have 4 pedals, but if you have 10 stomp boxes and none of them are bypass then it will definitely mess with your tone.

Having one or two pedals which aren't bypassed isn't going to have a huge negative effect on your tone, though.
Remember though that with true bypass it's adding to the overall lenght of your guitar cable.
Also, wah pedals without true bypass tend to suck your tone way more. I'm not 100% sure why, but my V847 sucks a LOT of treble. That's V847, not V847A. The A version will be way better.
sorry for highjacking.

but does the TS808 and digidelay have a good buffer? or will it not mess with my tone anyway (my board is ds1 - ts808 - digidelay)
Quote by cokeisbetter
Why don't you check? Just compare the sound without pedals to the sound with them.

because for me i cant really tell the difference.
Well, then you're probably fine. Unless you plan to get a bunch of buffered pedals in the future, that is.
Quote by cokeisbetter
Well, then you're probably fine. Unless you plan to get a bunch of buffered pedals in the future, that is.

nope. once i get the wah (hopefully) im done.
Quote by Arlabester
nope. once i get the wah (hopefully) im done.

That's what you think right now.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by avalanche930
who does make a good buffer?

Things like Tubescreamers have good buffers. Things like my Crybaby seriously do not.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Well some pedals sucks loads of tone, such as wahs. The Vox V847 i had ate my treble, it needed true bypass. Some pedals on the other hand aren't, but sucks very little.

Oh and the Keeley DS1 ain't True Bypass, but Keeley does improve the buffer so it won't suck alot of tone.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Arlabester
which is why i said hopefully

One year from, you wont even be able to see your floor past all the pedals
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way