Great Sport, if you have never really looked into or seen a lacrosse game check it out. To all those that play and follow the sport get pumped for a sweet season. Personally if any1 cares i play for my high school and ive been playing for 4 years.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser aka Frederick
Epiphone G-310
Boss Metal Zone Distortion pedal
Crate GT1200H Head
Crate G412SL Half stack
and some strings,
and some picks of assorted sizes

www.myspace.com/todaysescape
Check us out!
I'm thinkin bout startin to play lacrosse, I hear it's fun to hit people in. Where should I start?
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
it is extremely fun.. though it costs a lot,, i started last year,, and the equipment is pricy..

but one of the best sports you can get into, if you can handle it,, i also do rugby and wrestling,, soo its not too tough...
Completely awesome sport, and the live experience is fantastic, I've only been to one game, and it was the Toronto Rock vs. Rochester Nighthawks. I'd put it nearly on the same level as an NHL game, but for 80 dollars less.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
first year, its good shit. i love it. i play long pole D (10th grade) and i could not be having more fun. long throws are a chore but its worth playing.
I played this sport last year. I live in Quebec and actually crosse means "masturbate" when used as a verb
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Forgot to add that Im just getting back into it this season after 3 seasons with no sports at all, and 6 since I last played lacrosse But I dont care if I completely suck, it's fun to play and that's all that matters.

I play more of a last pairing defenseman/enforcer role than anything else.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Played last year, couldn't do it this year though.

And professional lacrosse is a joke unfortunately.
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
i hate it... just because our school is drowning in so much lacrosse shit its always like "GO SEE THE TIGERS LACROSSE GAME!" and all the people that i know who play it are the biggest dicks in the world...
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
i just started this year...i play midfield for my team. im only in 8th grade though. its tons of fun though and really isnt that tough.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Swweet/ i didnt noe guitarist played lacrosse. I've played for almost 4 yrs. ATTACK!!! w00t. im decent. not playing this yr. and person who said its sweet to hit. Lacrosse is more than jus "hitsss". if u wanna hit, go play football. (lol i play that too). LACROSSE IS PROBABLY THE MOST UNDERRATED SPORT ALIVE.
i epiphanies

Quote by Sinforsale

i wasnt aware that you could use one hand...DEL seems pretty far away from CTRL and ALT

oh wait...
Could I use my hockey shoulder pads and whatnot then just have to buy a stick and a helmet?
Quote by i(ncubus)play
I'm thinkin bout startin to play lacrosse, I hear it's fun to hit people in. Where should I start?

its more than about hits. its about endurance and skill and fast pace strategy. in case u havent noticed, im in love wit this sport. start wit borrowing school equip and other people stuff because equip can get realli expensive and u dun want to end up wasting alot of money for a sport u mite not enjoy. From there on, wall ball, practtice cradling, dun forget to switch hands and u pretty much got ur basics down.
i epiphanies

Quote by Sinforsale

i wasnt aware that you could use one hand...DEL seems pretty far away from CTRL and ALT

oh wait...
I got gear from hockey , Im gonna try it this year... We start it in school tomorrow !
Quote by scheck006
If UG had rep I'd give it to you.

Quote by zetaspartan2552
sounds like your mom suffers from mental retardation.

Gear:

Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone LP Special
Peavey Special 212 Guitar Amp
Cube-100 Bass Amp
Line 6 Floor Pod
Bongos
Quote by apbumsta
its more than about hits. its about endurance and skill and fast pace strategy. in case u havent noticed, im in love wit this sport. start wit borrowing school equip and other people stuff because equip can get realli expensive and u dun want to end up wasting alot of money for a sport u mite not enjoy. From there on, wall ball, practtice cradling, dun forget to switch hands and u pretty much got ur basics down.

I know but I'm a natural born hitter, I play hockey as defense, and I'm no good at football
I played it once with my old hockey team for fun, it was fantastic i really wish i'd kept on with it but finding players in the uk is near ****ing impossible.
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Could I use my hockey shoulder pads and whatnot then just have to buy a stick and a helmet?

i dun think u can. regulated lacrosse pads are alot smaller than hockey pads i think. Much of hockey equip arent regulated in lacrosse standards so no. for stick: proton is a great beginner head and realli cheap. I've been using the same alloy shaft for my whole careers so i realli dun noe wuts out rite now for shafts. jus ask around and see wuts cheap, lite and still durable. But like guitars, there mite be things u mite like and may not like. pretty much figured out as u gain experience.
i epiphanies

Quote by Sinforsale

oh wait...
Quote by i(ncubus)play
I know but I'm a natural born hitter, I play hockey as defense, and I'm no good at football

Lacrosse D is awesome. U dun jus stand there like boneheads. noeing how to send the ball down accurately and with percision is key for lacrosse.
i epiphanies

Quote by Sinforsale

oh wait...
If your looking to start up and need equipment use this site

www.lax.com

they have damn good prices there.

also if your just starting lacrosse and you dont want to play defense play attack its a good starting position to play at untill u learn the game, if u want more fun switch to midfield after playing attack for a year. personally im a midfield

Im surprised no one has come in here bashing lacrosse yet haha, but ya lacrosse is for sure more than just hitting. You can just knock people around and expect to win games.
Also with all the things that apbumsta mentioned u should work on ground balls. they are extremly important. Try to find a friend and just roll the ball to each other and pick em up on the run
Epiphone G-310
Crate GT1200H Head
Crate G412SL Half stack
and some strings,

Check us out!
Last edited by IrishGuitar77 at Mar 20, 2007,
Quote by IrishGuitar77
If your looking to start up and need equipment use this site

www.lax.com
also if your just starting lacrosse and you dont want to play defense play attack its a good starting position to play at untill u learn the game, if u want more fun switch to midfield after playing attack for a year. personally im a midfield

they have damn good prices there.

Im surprised no one has come in here bashing lacrosse yet haha, but ya lacrosse is for sure more than just hitting. You can just knock people around and expect to win games.
Also with all the things that apbumsta mentioned u should work on ground balls. they are extremly important. Try to find a friend and just roll the ball to each other and pick em up on the run

lol. totally forgot about ground balls. yo irish. wut stick u have?
i epiphanies

Quote by Sinforsale

oh wait...
Middie/ D-pole here!

Short stick: Chrome Krypto-pro with a Brine Swerve head.

Long Pole: Brine SC21 Air shaft with a Brine Clutch head.

Love the sport.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
I picked up that new Brine Truth head that they let out later last year i think, and ive been using the same F-22 for 2 years great stick, im mad they discontinued the F line what about u man?
Epiphone G-310
Crate GT1200H Head
Crate G412SL Half stack
and some strings,

Check us out!
Quote by Riddler
Middie/ D-pole here!

Short stick: Chrome Krypto-pro with a Brine Swerve head.

Long Pole: Brine SC21 Air shaft with a Brine Clutch head.

Love the sport.

shoot. what school u play for on long island?
i epiphanies

Quote by Sinforsale

oh wait...
Quote by IrishGuitar77
I picked up that new Brine Truth head that they let out later last year i think, and ive been using the same F-22 for 2 years great stick, im mad they discontinued the F line what about u man?

evo pro head (hellz yeah) and platinum alloy stick (ancient shaft).
i epiphanies

Quote by Sinforsale

oh wait...
I'd rather not say, for privacy reasons. Don't need an internet stalker

PM me if you still want to know, though, I'll give you my AIM screen name.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by apbumsta
evo pro head (hellz yeah) and platinum alloy stick (ancient shaft).

Ive got a platinum alloy on my backup stick, things so light i'd be using it but i dont feel like drilling another hole in it so my truth will fit on it haha
Epiphone G-310
Crate GT1200H Head
Crate G412SL Half stack
and some strings,

Check us out!
Quote by IrishGuitar77
Ive got a platinum alloy on my backup stick, things so light i'd be using it but i dont feel like drilling another hole in it so my truth will fit on it haha

yeah. its amazing. its the same shaft ive started wit and its still in good conditions. but person at the store drilled it the wrong way so i have like four holes on the stick. two of the holes arent covered. suprised the stick still hasnt rusted.
i epiphanies

Quote by Sinforsale

oh wait...
I play for my Highschool JV team..
i play midfield..and its nice to know that theres other players here
There are several great things about lacrosse, even though it is quite expensive equipment wise.
1. Anyone can play , if your small and fast be mid, slow and bigger be Def or Att
2. It's cheap for pro tickets
GEAR:
Epi Goth Explorer with EMG 81/85s
Yamaha EG112
Rp200A
Line 6 Spider 3 75
i quit this year...too much work. i would be playing attack.
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
i play defense.... with my brine ignite (dog s*** > brine ignite )
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
can someone answer me a question?

It's gonna sound stupid, but what is Lacrosse? I've never heard of it before
I don't play lacrosse, and I used to think people who did were the devil.
They carry their sticks in my school, and it's annoying.
But now I realize its just a sport and I like it, I wish I played, but I'll stick with hockey.

My High School is apparently ranked first in the country (Canada), Holy Cross Catholic Secondary. I dunno if its true or not. And I think we have the number 1 rated player too?

mebe.
Last edited by CrumpleStumple at Apr 1, 2008,
Howitzer Harrow graphite with a Warrior Stiffi.
Excellent for poke checks ^_^
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!