I don't even know what happened... I left the house, then I came back home, played my guitar, and now the input is all messed up (I own a Schecter XXX, just for reference):

I plug in... and I just get a HUGE ANNOYING buzz. Some sound comes out but it's very edged up and hard to hear.

I take apart the back of the guitar and look at the input (i've never seen the back of one, so I don't know what it looks like), and there's one stripped wire going to one of the prongs of the input base, and going up to where the wire becomes full there's a bushed up coil of wire so to speak, and when i have the input plugged in, if I fiddle with the wire I'll slowly get sound again.

That's probably the best I can explain it, I've heard people talking about how they had to saughter two wires together to their input, but I can only find one.

Any one have any idea how to fix this?

I
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
Maybe the jack is fried?
Member #10 of the Final Fantasy VII fan club. PM syyz1 to join.

Quote by SGFREAK
just imagine playing slide on that wangcaster lol
take it to a local music shop .. its a pretty easy repair .. at most it will be like ten bucks or something .. if that.. let a pro do it
I play bass!
its either the jack needs to be tightened cuz its loose, or the wires could have torn a little if u have yanked the guitar cord out of the input before. u should take it in to get lookied at sumwhere
A wire is probably loose on the jack. It happened to me on my Schecter too . You just have to iron it back on ( i'm not sure ironning is the proper term lol ).