Hi, I'm an acoustic player for the most part, but I'm ready to buy my first electric.

I want to get an electric guitar with good quality, but also at a cheap price. My budget is fairly low truth be told, maybe from $100 to $250 for a guitar (not including an amp) maybe a little higher.

I play mostly Rock, Punk, and Emo music

I want opinions of experienced electric players on what electric I should get. I've kind of decided on a Vox DA15 Amp but would like some feedback on the amp too. I'll go maybe up to $150-$200 on an amp though.

So what do you think I should get?
Well for a guitar thats -250, basically a squier strat, thats cheap and good to start with, but when i got that point i saved a little extra and got a schecter cause it appealed to more, so if you want save a little more and get something you want with less restrictions like a epiphone les paul, or like some cheap ibanez, or if you like metal a Dean Dimebag-esqe styled guitar, but a squier is ok if you want something kinda cheap.
Quote by IbanezSA160
I farted in class once, but that's about as close i've got to a sexual experience in school.

Quote by duncanxdonuts
B2daR2daA2daD you win at life

DEAR GAWD!!!
Last edited by B2daR2daA2daD at Mar 20, 2007,
i think you should get a Epiphone Special 2 guitar(150$) and the Amp package made by Crate(also 150$). The guitar sounds very good for a beginner and the 15 watt Crate amp is amazing. This is what i started out with and i couldn't have been happier as a beginner.
Gear.
Gibson Vintage 1962 SG
American Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG Prestige
Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier Solo Head w/ 4 Cabinets
Ibanez TS808 TubeScreamer
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Fuzz
Moogerfooger Ring Modulator
Moogerfooger Stage Phaser
I was looking at guitarcenter and they had some nice ibanes guitars for cheap that i saw
That Vox is a great practice amp, and it's definitely really versatile, I'd stick with that. The main competitor with it is the Roland Cube, so if you have the opportunity, you might want to try that out and see which you prefer.

Guitar-wise, Squier's a good bet, I've heard great things about the Agile/SX guitars, although I've never played one, and you wouldn't be able to try before you buy (only available at their store in New Jersey or through rondomusic.net.). Yamaha Pacificas are good too, and these will all be versatile enough to play almost anything you wanted (although you'll probably want to look into something with humbuckers). I would probably stay away from anything with a licensed floyd rose on it, as it will probably be really low quality and won't stay in tune or anything, and I would also advise to stay away from starter packs, if you have that kind of money. Don't be afraid to go used either, for $250 you could definitely find a MIM Fender strat that would probably be pretty good. That takes a lot of work though (Craigslist, ebay, etc.).

Lastly, take all these suggestions with a grain of salt. The opinion that matters here is your own, not ours. Go out and play everything you can.
ibanez is a very good company, i have one of their guitars and it kicks. Start out with whatever sounds best to you.
Gear.
Gibson Vintage 1962 SG
Ibanez RG Prestige
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Fuzz
i have an even better idea, go back to guitarcenter, and don't just look, tell someone who works their and they will help you out a lot. Worked for me.
Gear.
Gibson Vintage 1962 SG
Ibanez RG Prestige
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Fuzz
Hey rock when you were talking the LP Special 2 which were you talking about i saw 3 different ones on guitar enters website
And I apolagize for bad spelling, I'm typing with one hand while talking on the phone =\
Quote by rockN'roll
ibanez is a very good company, i have one of their guitars and it kicks. Start out with whatever sounds best to you.

You have an Ibanez RG Prestige.

How much did that cost?

How much is the threadstarter's budget?

If you found an Ibanez RG Prestige for the amount within that budget, please let me know so I can get one too.

High end guitars can be very very different from low end guitars. And I haven't heard such good things about Ibanez's lowest models.

If you tell the people at Guitar Center your situation, don't just let them talk you into something. Remember, you have the money. If they're trying to get you to buy a strat pack when you don't want it, don't let them.
in my opinion its not worth getting a $250 guitar, i would save money and get a nice one maybe around $700, but it does also depends on how commited you are to playing so if you a beginner you have a better chance of getting frustrated and stop playing for awhile and wasting you money
"Its very far away
it takes about a half a to get there
if we travel by my dragonfly..."

I just cant refuse...

THE INTERNATIONAL HERB

Quote by SublimeSensi
in my opinion its not worth getting a $250 guitar, i would save money and get a nice one maybe around $700, but it does also depends on how commited you are to playing so if you a beginner you have a better chance of getting frustrated and stop playing for awhile and wasting you money

Did you pay $700 for your first guitar?

I would be very surprised if you did. Most people I know start on hand-me-downs from family (possibly very nice guitars), or cheap strat packs or something.
if you can go to a gutiar center, you can pick up a dean vendetta for 100 bucks. there pretty well rounded rock guitars.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com