If punk never was, what do you think you would be listening to? (besides ska)
And, where do you think you would be? Would you be the same person? I know I wouldn't. I'd probobly be into mainstream shit.
I'd be listening to jazz and blues and I have no idea what I'd be like.
Actually we'd probably all be listening to Yes or Emerson Lake & Palmer if punk didn't happen.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Last edited by yeahyeah at Mar 20, 2007,
I would say New-Wave, but if punk never was, New-Wave wouldn't be either.

I would probably listen to Jazz or something. But the initial question is more complex than it seems when one considers that perhaps if punk never was, something completely different would be in it's place. Or, would the world have to be completely different in order for punk to never have been, since punk rock is a product of the world at the time of its conception and the bands that influenced it.
yeah, bands like Boston, Foreigner, Tom Petty, The Eagles, and Van Halen, Yes, Journey, would have been the biggest thing in the world. OR the British Metal movement would have been 10x bigger but different since there was no punk.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
we'd be listening to Bowie or Gary Numan.

Seriously, punk never would have not happened, unless times had been good, in which we'd have had soft (possibly garage) rock, maybe a little post punk sounding.
dragonforce wouldn't exist.

if there's one thing I've learned from time travel, it is that causality matters.
Quote by indestructible8
im really not sure what that means

causality means cause and effect.

This morning I went to the library, and remembered to take a pen with me, because you should always take a pen.

for example, say I was to go back in time and bribe myself not to take a pen with me, then return to the present day, I would be outside the library, conveniently in a phone booth without a pen.

Because I now didn't have a pen, I had to ask the redhead librarian with huge tits and a tight sweater for one. In this altered timeline, she reached in between her cleavage and gave me one, winking naughtily.

Later on that day, I might have a confidence boost and decide to try my luck on the pull clubbing.

Let's suppose that I get talking to a blonde tart in a miniskirt, crotchless panties.

Let's suppose she's a bit kinky, and decides to have me strangle her to get the game going, and I kill the dumb skank.

Because I didn't have a pen, I'm a lifer

And that is why you should always have a pen.
Quote by indestructible8
i dont usually carry a pen in my pocket, im afraid ill puncture my scrotum

pen in the trouser pocket is a bad idea. A coat pocket is ideal.

The clash had trousers specially designed civil riots, by Alex Michon.

What I would suggest is a jacket specially designed for stationary.
it would have to have several slots for pens, pencils and markers, preferrably on the outside with a flap covering them, which will be button down of course. on the inside of the jacket would be a 12x9 flat piece of plexi glass, to keep all important documents from being, folded, crimped or crumpled. and then just throw zippers all over it.
Yeah, and have a really clever slogan on the back, like

"overthrow the RULEing man"

or my personal favourite

"I don't wanna be a pen head no more"

or my other personal favourite

"anarchy ink the uk"

or the generic

"stationary punx"
It wouldn't surprise me.

I remember not being "ZoMg tR00 GrUnGe" at school because i didn't have a vans pencil case.
I'd be listening to blues, classis rock and emmm electro

Infact I already listen to them anyway.
I'd be listening to AC/DC and such. I already listen to them, but I'd be listening to them a lot more. And as for would I be the same person, no I wouldn't. I'd be more apathetic and less rebellious.
Seeing as there would be no sXe, i would probably be getting stoned to sludge metal
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Seeing as there would be no sXe, i would probably be getting stoned to sludge metal

So without Ian Mackaye telling you not to do drugs, you'd be a stoner?
Quote by captain_jack
I'd be more apathetic and less rebellious.

You allready listen to AC/DC. How much less rebellious can you get?
I'd be listening jazz and blues, which is stuff I already sorta listen to, but not as much as punk. I'd also probably listen to some electronica and experimental shit.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Seriously, you guys have no concept of changing history whatsoever.

This reinforces my theory that schools are no good.
Quote by sargasm
So without Ian Mackaye telling you not to do drugs, you'd be a stoner?

No because i used to get stoned before i got into sXe
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
No because i used to get stoned before i got into sXe

So basically you're just abstaining because some music told you to?
E-Yan Mick-Eye is an insparatin to a lot of poepel guys, lay off!!
He inspired me to not have hair. **** hair! Hair is the system. **** the system!
I'd be listening to Classic Rock, Modern Rock and Blues.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
This is quite a tough one. I think I'd probably be into the Who,Kinks,Dylan and cash because they are my favourites outside of punk anyway.