I just bought a plug-in for my TonePort UX2 (Metal Shop) and it's pretty f***in sweet. I can get the sound of a Mesa Triple Rec DOWN, or a high-end JCM, and there's 16 more amp models that came with the bundle...for 50 bucks. I would have had to pay 150 for the Mod3.666 for the sound I wanted (plus i would've had to get the MP1 for 50 on ebay too) and it wouldn't have been as versatile/changeable. I think i made out on this deal. Thoughts?
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
its great that youre happy with what you have, and i agree that the toneport is one hell of a piece of gear. the only thing is you cant play out with it, but i'm sure youve taken that into account.
I really wish you could demo those mods out before shelling out the cash.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Lol, yeah it would only sound better. A plugin over a tube preamp? Well if thats your beef, thats your beef.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Cool your happy with your sound but a modeller over a pre-amp? I bet the ADA would kill the plug in live. The line6 modelling stuff is good but it doesn't come over so well live imho.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
^bingo!!!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Toneport UX2 with the Metal Shop over a modded MP1? Well... if you like it, I guess that's all that counts.

I just picked up a PodXT for recording a week ago and have been thinking about getting the Metal Shop. Is it really worth $50?
^Heck Yes. Almost all of the good Models are in the pack. "Criminal" is a 5150 model which has to be my favorite model. "Bomber Uber" is an Ubershall Model which is the closest ill get to actually owning one. "Brit Silver" is one of the only good sounding Marshall models, plus theres a ton of others that pretty much make the xt sound 3 times better.
Fender Tele > Line 6 Verbzilla > Line 6 DL4 > Line 6 Podxt (With Model Packs and FBV Shortboard) > Yorkville 300-watt Poweramp > Marshall 1960BV
Sounds good, I might look into it a bit more. I'm assuming that the Metal Shop amp models sound better than the 'Line 6 Agro' 'Line 6 Insane' models?
Quote by rockers73
Cool your happy with your sound but a modeller over a pre-amp? I bet the ADA would kill the plug in live. The line6 modelling stuff is good but it doesn't come over so well live imho.

Nope. I can get a hell of alot of volume outta my setup, I just send it through my Crown power amp (600w bridged) and my Peavey cab and it sounds killer. I'm gonna start using it like that at band practice instead of my Crate full stack cuz more power and more tone.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
So you are taking your computer to gigs? What if it locks up in the middle of a gig? That would suck......
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

I'm not on about volume I'm on about tone.
Used Line6 modelling stuff live and it doesn't cut through as well or sound as good in my experience.
Great kit for recording and practise though.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab