so ive had an ibanez artcore for about a year now, and since ive got it ive noticed that it comes out of tune pretty easy, but its not that much and most people who dont have trained ears cant really hear it, but i can and only really when i play along with other people and i think that it might be from bending the strings, so my question is, is there anything i can do, besides not bend the strings that will help keep it in tune?

http://ibanez.com/hollow/guitar.aspx?m=AF95
my guitar but in a sunburst brown, not black
"Its very far away
it takes about a half a to get there
if we travel by my dragonfly..."

I just cant refuse...

THE INTERNATIONAL HERB

Last edited by SublimeSensi at Mar 20, 2007,
Quote by SublimeSensi
so ive had an ibanez artcore for about a year now, and since ive got it ive noticed that it comes out of tune pretty easy, but its that much and most people who dont have trained ears cant really hear it, but i can and only really when i play along with other people and i think that it might be from bending the strings, so my question is, is there anything i can do, besides not bend the strings that will help keep it in tune?

http://ibanez.com/hollow/guitar.aspx?m=AF95
my guitar but in a sunburst brown, not black

i was having that problem too with my les paul i changed to DR strings and it has stayed in tune much better since the switch and they are great strings
current gear
music man steve morse y2d
fender american strat
yamaha dg 100
crate palomoino v32 head
lube the nut maybe
HARDCORE GROUPIE OF THE LENGENDARY ZEPPELINISM
PM The Heartbreaker to join(you should join ) !!

TEH BEST THREAD EVER =]

Quote by DownInAHole.
3 times I've been sigged!

actually four now..^^^
Yeah you really need to stretch your strings in many times before leaving it. I always tune up... stretch em by pulling up on each string.. re-tune and do it over and over till the guitar starts to holds its tune.
Quote by Silky Smooth
Yeah you really need to stretch your strings in many times before leaving it. I always tune up... stretch em by pulling up on each string.. re-tune and do it over and over till the guitar starts to holds its tune.

yeah try that, and if it doesnt work or you already do do that, its probably a nut issue or maybe you need new tuners
the tuners definitely arent the problem. its probably the nut. either lube it with pencil lead or get a new one designed to stay in tune better
Dip the tip of the pencil in vasoline when you pencil on the nut and bridge

Works wonders for getting the strings back to proper return
Just put some graphite in every slot of the nut, stretch your strings properly, and perhaps invest in some better tuners if the problem persists.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.