Anyone here played and beaten super metroid for the SNES? I am having a lot of trouble in the ridley area. I just cant get past the rising lava parts because the space jump doesnt always work. WHY? why doesn't the space jump always work? it pisses me off.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
I'm not sure of your exact situation, but the space jump you have to time it just right before you hit Jump again. Maybe SNES was a little less lenient with the timing, and you need to get it dead on.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Do a barrel roll. You may also want to try a summersault. Above all, stop dinking around.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
i have beaten it when i was in grade 7 (im in 11 now), but i no that i didnt have to use the space jump ever, because i also could not do it successfully.. but ya.. i didnt have to use it once.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
or wait.. is the space jump one the one where ur in the air, and u press jump again and u spin.. if that is it lol, i didnt have any trouble.. what i was talking about, is the wall jump.. srry
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
I've beaten it about 8 times, but I never had a problem with getting past the rising lava part.

Just remember at the top of the jump, to hit the button again.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Get your speed up, hit down. Then jump, and push the D-pad in the direction you want to fly off into.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by The Leader
Get your speed up, hit down. Then jump, and push the D-pad in the direction you want to fly off into.

That doesn't help for the lava.

Actually it really never helps much in the game.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

oh ok, once I got spinning in the air I would just press jump as fast as I could. I'll try a different timing.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

Quote by USAPeavey
oh ok, once I got spinning in the air I would just press jump as fast as I could. I'll try a different timing.

You don't spin first, you jump straight then when you jump again you spin. (I think)
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

First, you have to start the space jump by doing a spinning jump (move horizontally and jump). When you reach the peak of your jump and start to descend again, press jump again. Repeat. Some people say it gets a little harder after you get the Screw Attack, but I don't really notice a difference.

And to Metal-X, shinesparking is cool and I will hear nothing against it Though I had this weird glitch happen to me once in Maridia when I started a shinespark across the quicksand and I was moving along the top of the quicksand really, really slowly. The shinespark drained all of my energy and I nearly died
What is shinesparking? is that the energy regain trick thing?
Quote by jackbauer

Quote by guylee

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

Quote by USAPeavey
Anyone here played and beaten super metroid for the SNES? I am having a lot of trouble in the ridley area. I just cant get past the rising lava parts because the space jump doesnt always work. WHY? why doesn't the space jump always work? it pisses me off.

I got stuck there on the SNES version when I was 10. Never got past it.
Quote by USAPeavey
What is shinesparking? is that the energy regain trick thing?

The energy regain trick (less than 50 health, no reserve tanks, 10+ super missiles, 11+ power bombs, lay a power bomb and hold fire, left trigger, right trigger, and down) is the Crystal Flash. Shinesparking is when you do a speed dash and store the energy by pressing down, then jumping and pressing a direction. Shown here and here.