Legal
140 65%
Illegal
38 18%
Dont care, cause i dont smoke
38 18%
Voters: 217.
Page 1 of 3
in my opinion i think it should be legal, i mean nobody dies from it and scientists have now found that it isnt a gateway drug (drug that leads to harder drugs)
"Its very far away
it takes about a half a to get there
if we travel by my dragonfly..."

I just cant refuse...

THE INTERNATIONAL HERB

seriously, please do a search.

especially when you are making a thread about a popular topic.
LEGAL...i hope soon anyway
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Yay I'm the only one!
DOWN WITH ASSRAMMER123!!!!!
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
It should be.
More people die every year because of driving drunk. And mary jane has no proven deaths...in history! Of course it may help a little as does driving drunk. BUT it definately is not as harmful as alcohol as proven by statistics.
/rant
How can you scientifically prove it's not a gateway drug?

Edit: I do think it should be legalized though. If alcohol is, then so should Marijuana.
There are many upsides to it being legalized, but many downsides as well. People are gonna smoke it whether it's legal or not, so it doesn't really matter. It's ****ing stupid either way. I vote illegal simply because it's unnecessary and people shouldn't need to smoke something to feel good; I've seen it turn good kids into bad kids, and there's no reason for it to be legal so that other kids can follow suit.
Quote by YourMessiah666
It should be.
More people die every year because of driving drunk. And mary jane has no proven deaths...in history! Of course it may help a little as does driving drunk. BUT it definately is not as harmful as alcohol as proven by statistics.
/rant

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=5449

cannabis needs to be legalized. end this war on drugs bullshit now.
Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.
it cant possibly be legalized (even tho im all for it). if it did there would be a mass spike in crime and deaths. Just compare it to the lower drinking age in european countries... what would you expect a normal 16 year old to be drinking over in spain? alochol? well you would be wrong... just because its legal doesnt mean everyone does it. and if marijuana was lagalized here in the US within the first week there would be chaos. althought it WOULD be takign away money from gangs and such it would take 15-20 years before things settled down. bottom line is, it cant get legalized. the country would go into a state of chaos and anarchy

/rant
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
It shouldn't be legal; ideally, neither should alcohol, but that's a battle that can't be won.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by Allnightmask22
It shouldn't be legal; ideally, neither should alcohol, but that's a battle that can't be won.
This kid knows what's up. Drugs are bad, kids, have you learned nothing from school?
I don't smoke, but I think it should be legal. I mean, if it's legal then people will buy it from stores instead of dealers, so less kids will become drug addicts or dealers b-cuz the stores would do ID checks.
Dope shouldn't just be legal, it should be manditory.
Warwick 4-string
not a rockbass
a Warwick
Actually I went to a lecture between Steve Hager (Creator and editor of High Times) and the Head guy at the government branch set to enforcing the law against marijuana.

After doing plent of research (and being a user), my opinion is that it should definitely be illegal. The only advantage to legalizing marijuana is the economical benifits of taxes the government could put on the good, and the money they would save on not enforcing the marijuana law.

Ever other reason is pretty much invalid or has greater benefits if kept illegal (if you want to argue, list the reasons and we'll discuss it)

Oh, and it is called a gateway drug simply based on the fact that people rarely ever use crack as their first drug, it is simply a number game used on the statistics, but really the fact that you get a high that decreases marginally with increased use, you are more likely to use a harder drug if you wish to get the same or stronger effects.

I don't smoke, but I think it should be legal. I mean, if it's legal then people will buy it from stores instead of dealers, so less kids will become drug addicts or dealers b-cuz the stores would do ID checks.

Honestly? You think fewer kids would become drug addicts by making drugs much more easily available? First off, it would be cheaper, legal to use, and easier to get (How many kids can get cigs who are under 18, anyone who wants them. ID'ing will not do a thing.

I know plenty of people who can drive high, but it -does- impare your driving skills and awareness, therefore making it dangerous to drive under the influence. And I don't know anyone who has smoked themselves to the point where they lost their lives, but I do know people who have smoked enough that they no longer have lives. Burn-outs, addictions, they do happen and you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

i think cigarettes and alcohol are legal because they make them here, and americans profit from them, but marijuana is mainly not grown here, therefore, its less likely to become legalized* i could be very wrong, i dnt use marijuana, or support it, im just throwing that opinion out there*

Marijuana can basically be grown anywhere. Its freakishly resilient to growing in lots of conditions (obviously better in some conditions then others though)

wow, you dont know much do you? thousands of people die a year because of weed. not from smoking it but from the growth/selling/transportation of it. and the opposite has been found it IS IN FACT a gateway drug

By making it legal, you would not have these sort of deaths with American related drug deals (not saying only if its grown in America, but the deals getting them here). But realise that legalizing it would mean that its gonna be run by major corporations, probably increasing the safety of the harvesting and dealing.

Some side notes:
Realise that, wether or not cigs and booze should be legal is a completely different arguement and situation. Its a very sad logic to say that something should be a certain way cause other things like it are that way. You have to examine the specifics of each situation.

and I know, its only hurting yourself. I mean, if you wanna sit on your couch watching cartoons, eating chips all day, thats your thing man, more power to you. But honestly, its a little sad. I know you can be pretty productive high if you want to (well some people can't), but really the fact is its a downhill slope for a lot of people, but in my opinion its not a whooole lot worse then kids who spend 8 hours a day playing WOW, but it has more long term damage. it DOES damage your memory, anyone who smokes knows this... it does make a lot of people lazy and unmotivated... and it does make music much more sweet.
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Last edited by horazonblade at Mar 21, 2007,
Spike in crime!? No way, as with all other ignorant prohibition laws, (alcohol and abortion for specific examples) when the restrictions are removed crime rates drop. Crime is a result of the black market, the high value, and the risk placed moving these substances.
Last edited by sixstringz at Mar 21, 2007,
Quote by D0c7oR 8oB
it cant possibly be legalized (even tho im all for it). if it did there would be a mass spike in crime and deaths. Just compare it to the lower drinking age in european countries... what would you expect a normal 16 year old to be drinking over in spain? alochol? well you would be wrong... just because its legal doesnt mean everyone does it. and if marijuana was lagalized here in the US within the first week there would be chaos. althought it WOULD be takign away money from gangs and such it would take 15-20 years before things settled down. bottom line is, it cant get legalized. the country would go into a state of chaos and anarchy

/rant

Yeah, and it wouldn't really take hardly any money away from gangs because its so cheap to buy. DOWN WITH ASSRAMMER123!!!!!!!!!
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

shouldnt glad it isnt, rot in jail for all those who get caught..HAHA
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
how come nobody has mentioned that cigarettes are legal and they kill tonnes of people, it even kills people who don't smoke cigarettes.
Warwick 4-string
not a rockbass
a Warwick
it IS true that crime will go down. but before it does there is a spike and do you know how many years taht would take for it to go down??

i think cigarettes and alcohol are legal because they make them here, and americans profit from them, but marijuana is mainly not grown here, therefore, its less likely to become legalized

* i could be very wrong, i dnt use marijuana, or support it, im just throwing that opinion out there*
Quote by fosho
how....did you find that wiki article?
youre a weird one tjdjr09

Quote by SublimeSensi
in my opinion i think it should be legal, i mean nobody dies from it and scientists have now found that it isnt a gateway drug (drug that leads to harder drugs)

wow, you dont know much do you? thousands of people die a year because of weed. not from smoking it but from the growth/selling/transportation of it. and the opposite has been found it IS IN FACT a gateway drug
ya, i dont see how you can scientifically say it doesnt lead to harder drugs, that doesnt happen because of certain chemicals, its just what people do, for like, a bigger high
Quote by fosho

Quote by sixstringz
Spike in crime!? No way, as with all other ignorant prohibition laws, (alcohol and abortion for specific examples) when the restrictions are removed crime rates drop. Crime is a result of the black market, the high value, and the risk placed moving these substances.

No, actually there was a spike after alcohol prohibition ended, because almost all gangs lost their power, so they started shooting each other trying to take over businesses in mad rush to prevent loss of power. It also led to modern street gangs selling drugs, as an alternative to alcohol. Abortion is still illegal I think, and I do not see how it is ignorant to keep babies alive. DOWN WITH ASSRAMMER123!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Last edited by CORT noob at Mar 21, 2007,
^ they die from the growth and transportation of it because it's illegal, and they have to do it in ways that make it dangerous. if it's legal, those will actually go away, so thanks for supporting the legalization of marijuana! im sure we'll be great friends in time.
Isn't there also one recorded instance of a guy overdosing on marijuana? He smoked it so frequently over so many years he eventually died? I remember reading a news story on that and being surprised. Granted that's not a valid arguing point, just that there IS a proven death "in history" showing that some people might not be as well versed on the subject as they think.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Cort knows what im talkin about...

Quote by burn the stars

If it's legalized, actual companies would grow it... would that not lower these "deaths" from growth/selling/transportation if its grown here and transported around here (The U.S.)?

I say legalize it. It has it's downfalls, sure... but so do a lot of other legal stuff here, and I believe some of the other legal stuff has a lot more negative effects.

Quote by Allnightmask22
Isn't there also one recorded instance of a guy overdosing on marijuana? He smoked it so frequently over so many years he eventually died? I remember reading a news story on that and being surprised. Granted that's not a valid arguing point, just that there IS a proven death "in history" showing that some people might not be as well versed on the subject as they think.

It's literally impossible to overdose in marijuana by smoking it. You'd pass out before you'd ever come close to it and then wake up later. The only way would be to consume a LOT of it. A LOT.

I don't know the exact number, but the L.D. 50 of marijuana on rats was something way beyond normal for even humans.
mmmk.
Last edited by sithian476 at Mar 21, 2007,
i actually could care less if this one was or not. I have problems with tobacco and crack though and crap drugs. I hate Crack with a passion.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
Quote by Allnightmask22

he smoked liek 6 joints a day for like 30 years. but honestly this has nothign to do with marijuana. if you inhailed THAT much smoke your lungs would surely turn black. It wasnt really cause by marijuana just the smoke that came from it. to overdose on marijuana you need to have the concentration of 10 pounds worth of marijuana concentrated into one, single hit. which is literally impossible. another would be to smoke your weight in marijuana during the span of 8 hours which again, would be impossible

good for you, bad for you, both really beside the point, freedom. We boast about the U.S.'s freedoms, seems kind of oppressive for a "government to imprison its own citizens at a rate that is only rivaled by the holocaust" over a substance that has less addictive qualities and fewer harmful side-effects than coke or pepsi. And our legal drug alcohol has been proven to "have more cost and health related risks than all other illegal drugs COMBINED."

I think that law is one of many that would have the guys that founded our country rolling over in their graves.
i also don't get this whole 'there will be chaos as soon as it is legalized' thing. sure, people will rush out to buy weed and stuff, but its not like meth or cocaine where there will be crazy people roaming the streets, scratching themselves, they'll probably all be sitting in their houses smoking and eating cheetos, watching grandma's boy or something. plus the government would make it illegal to be intoxicated in public just like with alchohol, so it really wouldn't be any different. sure some upsets would happen, but not mass chaos which will have the police forces over their heads in trouble.
ya, all those drugs hype you up so you go kill people
with marijuana, instead of running around knifing people, you just sit on your couch and realize that your hand is much more detailed than you thought
Quote by fosho

I don't mind people if people smoke it, only in their own privacy, where they're only hurting themselves. I want it to be kept illegal simply because everyone would smoking it outside, and I could not stand the smell of that and cigerettes. It would kill me.
I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
Quote by Allnightmask22

its not the drug itself that kills you, its what its cut with that kills. bleach, meth, coke, herion ect....
Page 1 of 3