This may seem like a really stupid thread. I've been plaing guitar for awhile, but I've never had this problem before.

I have an Ibanez RG370 with an Ibanez Floyd Rose(whtever they're called) and I just took the old strings off(only a few days old). I was putting in a new pickup today(George Lynch Screamin' Demon\m/) and I had to take off the old strings that were staying in tune fine. I decided just to put in new ones because I have a few new sets. I got the pickup in and put on the new strings. Normally when I add new strings I have tune my guitar a few times because of the strings stretching out and then they're fine. When I put in these new ones I tuned them and locked the nut and the strings were already de-tuned a half-key. I re-tuned them and the same thing happened. I ended re-tuning them 6-8 times hoping they would stretch out and be fine but it didn't happen. I messed around with the bridge but no luck, either. I'm kinda pissed off because I want to play around with my pickup but I hate how off-key they are. I have one more set of strings but I don't want to put those in and arrive at the same problem. Anyone have any ideas of what I should do to try and fix the problem?

Also, just so I don't have to make a new thread, I'm looking for an amp. I'm currently playing guitar through a bass amp and it's not the best situation. I'm looking at the Crate RFX200S and something like the Line 6 Spider III 150.

Any suggestions would be nice. I want an amp with 2-12" speakers, nothing less than 100 watts, and not more than $600. I play metal, like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. A classic type amp is no problem. Just add distortion and my Screamin's Demon and I'm set.

Thanks for the help in advance
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Last edited by Bassman86 at Mar 21, 2007,
You need to stretch your strings properly, it'll take you forever to stretch them out just by re-tuning.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Archeo
^^

yeap +1 and don't forget that every brand of string has different tensions so watch out
for the angle of the Edge III...

Oh, I understand that, but I had the same brand and type of strings before and I had no problem. I'm about to try my last set...

What's the proper way to stretch strings? I always just tuned them and had no problems.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Have you checked whether your bridge is parallel to the body when in tune?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Oh, I understand that, but I had the same brand and type of strings before and I had no problem. I'm about to try my last set...

What's the proper way to stretch strings? I always just tuned them and had no problems.

Just tune up, then grab a string, give it a good pull and check the tuning. If it's out, re-tune it and pull it again...keep going until it stay in tune then go to the next one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The strings and the springs in the tremelo are not in the same balance. so they dont fit. tention wise
Gear...

Schecter Synyster Gates Custom
Marshall amp, crate powerblock, 2 peavy cabs
( W/ Vintage 30's)

VOX wah, Ibanez flanger,
Danelectro echo, R.a.t. Distortion,
Monster cable.