I was wondering, is there any way to screw up your amp? Such as plugging it in while it's on or even bringing the pickups of the guitar too close to it? (I did this once out of interest; heard an amplified overdrive buzz; didn't have the desire to do it again.)

I just got a Roland Cube 30x, and on the JC clean channel, the amp buzzes and have occasional clicking sounds. Doesn't soudn too good. Could it be my guitar? it's a cheap yamaha starter guitar, so would a better one fix the problem?

It also buzzes on clean channels.

thanks.
Last edited by northerfan666 at Mar 21, 2007,
I have the 20 watt version and with gain or treble 1/4th of the way on or if im not looking at my amp when playing it buzzes quite a bit. Its not a very good amp imo.

Also, one time I unplugged my guitar but forgot to turn the amp off first so when it came out of the jaxck there was a ear ringing screech, and another time the instrument cable touched the strings near the bridge and it also had a ear peircing noise.
My setup specs:

Guitars: Fender 50's stratocaster
Old jr accoustic crap guitar.

Amp: Roland cube 20x (Going to probably be traded in for a blues jr soon though.)

Effects: Dunlop gcb-95 wah
Boss dd-6 delay
The only way I know to **** up your amp is by playing a bass through it, though you said you just got it so I take it you haven't had a chance to yet...
That sucks. The amp sounds NICE, but it has started BUZZING lately. Could putting a magnet (the pickups) to the speaker damage the amp?
Quote by doomnight
The only way I know to **** up your amp is by playing a bass through it, though you said you just got it so I take it you haven't had a chance to yet...

Alright, I'll stay away. :P

But is excessive buzzing normal?
Might just be something with a fuse. Take it to a guitar shop and see what they have to say about it.
If you turn a head on without connecting it to a speaker cabinet then you can blow it
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Quote by northerfan666
That sucks. The amp sounds NICE, but it has started BUZZING lately. Could putting a magnet (the pickups) to the speaker damage the amp?

Pickups are magnets.
I could tell you it's just the amp if it was a tube(because mine buzzes too) but since its SS it shouldn't buzz. I have no idea what's going on, take it to the store and have them take a look at it/ excange it.
No, holding the pickup close to the speakers shouldn't damage them, feedback is caused by the sound of the amp being picked up by the pickups and amplified again. Depending on how you look at it, thios can be a good or a bad thing, but it won't damage the amp because the amp has a magnet in the speaker cone (a quite powerful one too). The problem sadly is most likely cheap manufacturing. I had the sam problem on a crate amp I used to own because the speaker was of poor quality.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I think I figured it out. the jack on my guitar broke like a week ago so I hold it in place w/ tape, and now it's wobbley. Hopefully that's the only problem. :P

THanks guys.