okay so yesterday my guitar player got a new amp. its a 120w crate half stack. im currently using an ashdown 180w combo and simply cant hear myself. ive heard that the bass amp needs to have 3 or 4 times more wattage than the guitar amp and right now thats not happening. im currently broke because i sent all my money on basses.... which now seems like a bad idea, but my band mates have desided to pitch in and buy me a new amp. heres where i need help, i need a 300w or greater bass amp it needs to be a stack because i plan on gigging with it, and it needs to cost less than $400.... so whats the highest quality amp in that price range?

THANKS
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
My problem is the lube,it's not easing the pain,it just makes it less gripy

Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Wait a minute! Do they send the boxes in boxes!?

EASY MONEY!!!!
I use a 180 watt ashdown combo live and that is with a marshall valve half stack and 60 watt fallen angel combo, and i am heard fine, how can you not hear yourself?!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by IrishThrower07

thats a just cab i need the whole thing, but thanks
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
My problem is the lube,it's not easing the pain,it just makes it less gripy

Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Wait a minute! Do they send the boxes in boxes!?

EASY MONEY!!!!
Wouldn't you need a head that can support more wattage than 180 if your using a 400w amp?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
No. He has a 180 watt amp. If he adds in an extra speaker, therefore making it the head + cab of his current amp + the extra cab, he adds on to reach the full extent of his amp's power.

And if a cab is rated at 400 watts it means that's how much it can handle. If you pump a 500 watt head into a cab that handles 400 watts... say bye to that cab soon.
haha