Would a tube amp be too much to handle for me? I haveposted a couple of threads asking for an amp that would be good to replace a little 10 watt ibanez amp. So... in my positon,should i get a tube amp ?
I really don't know why people are so worried about handeling a tube amp...

All you need to know is how to turn it on, changing tubes, and knowing not to do anything stupid with it.

And yes, go get one.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
are you also asking what amp you might want to get?
if you are stepping up from a 10w practice amp you might want to look at these...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-Deluxe-Amp?sku=480510
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197

i don't know much about them, or advise you getting them (i advise you choose for yourself - i have no knowledge of 'em) check out some reviews at http://www.harmony-central.com/User_Reviews/ maybe. just a thought...
Last edited by Uglúk at Mar 21, 2007,
Of course you should get a tube amp. Ot would be silly of you if you did not. If its your second amp, then you know your serious about guitar, dont you? If your serious about it your going to have to get used to a tube amp so you might as well start early.
You shouldn't even have to change tubes that often or maybe at all, I don't know. I've had mine for about four or five years and I haven't had to replace any. That may change as it gets older though, I don't know.
Quote by avalanche930
Of course you should get a tube amp. Ot would be silly of you if you did not. If its your second amp, then you know your serious about guitar, dont you? If your serious about it your going to have to get used to a tube amp so you might as well start early.

oh second hand... i forgot about that i was just wondering where i would get my money from
get a tube amp, become a gear junkie! you know you want to
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
So you don't have any money...

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
i have a Peavey Classic 30, and i love it... great amp!! (of course its a tube amp... non-tube amps are weak). its not ridiculously expensive either. just be gentle with it, yknow? it will let you know whats not okay, lol... if you bump it when its on it makes this really bad sound.... which is a sure sign that youre not supposed to **** around with it, lol. just turn it on, and play... its great!
well he may have money, but here in australia youre gonna need a shit load more money then ya would anywhere else to get a tube amp.

eg in the US cheap peaveys are probably even cheaper then they are in other countries, similarly in the UK you could get a laney for pretty cheap but here in australia everything is imported basically which adds a pretty significant amount of money to gear

its shit
Quote by Diamond Dave
well he may have money, but here in australia youre gonna need a shit load more money then ya would anywhere else to get a tube amp.

eg in the US cheap peaveys are probably even cheaper then they are in other countries, similarly in the UK you could get a laney for pretty cheap but here in australia everything is imported basically which adds a pretty significant amount of money to gear

its shit

im moving to america *packs bags*
Yeah, the currency is a bit off in Australia...

How much do you have, Timo?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
yeh get an RG50TC.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
lol, definately get a combo. dont even THINK about trying to buy a stack with that kinda cash
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
you could get like, a used classic 30 or delta blues or a used blues junior or hot rod deluxe
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
$900AU is a fair bit of dosh, you could get a DSL combo for around the $700 mark. If this is only your second amp, you should probably look at buying second hand, I'd say anything around the 30w tube should do you fine.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
$900AU is a fair bit of dosh, you could get a DSL combo for around the $700 mark. If this is only your second amp, you should probably look at buying second hand, I'd say anything around the 30w tube should do you fine.

$700... cool i couldnt find australian prices for the dsl
Quote by Kunundrum
you could get like, a used classic 30 or delta blues or a used blues junior or hot rod deluxe

agreed.
Quote by timo1
do u mean used ?

DUDE go on www.melband.com.au

theres a couple blokes selling 15 and 30 watt tube amps for like 500 second hand@@ best deal you'll find anywhere,
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
Quote by timo1
i dont f*king live in melbourne

Don't be an ungrateful little prick or triple post I don't check out threads I've posted in that quickly, I don't have that much spare time. To answer your question, yes, I do mean used.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
It doesn't matter if you live in melbourne or not. There's this thing called 'Australia post'.
You should definitely go used. Or go buy a Valve junior/special combo. They're pretty ceap brand new.

Where do you live anyway out of curioustity?
What kind of stuff do you play?

And yes theres no reason not to go tube.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by fronkpies

And yes theres no reason not to go tube.

what if you're a pure jazz player and you have a roland JC or if you're an acoustic player?
Quote by timo1
i dont have a cab

Make one.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by Kunundrum
what if you're a pure jazz player and you have a roland JC or if you're an acoustic player?

>.>
<.<

Forget jazz players
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by fronkpies
>.>
<.<

Forget jazz players

Ouch man, i feel hurt lol.
Quote by timo1
$700... cool i couldnt find australian prices for the dsl

That'd be stretching it a bit. Last time when I was looking used DSL401s were going for about $900 the lowest.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by xifr
That'd be stretching it a bit. Last time when I was looking used DSL401s were going for about $900 the lowest.

In Australia? Are you Australian?
I just checked the ad again, the DSL401 is still for sale. Click here and go through about 5 or 6 pages and it's still listed there. It's in Forest Lakes, QLD.