well i got a guitar for like 10 bucks the other day. However i am not sure if its an acoustic or a classical. heres a little pic i edited to explain why i am kind of confused

Nylon-stringed classical. (It's still an acoustic though, duh)
Sigs are overrated.
Classical acoustic. pls say "Steel-stringed" or something like that next time.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
i'm still not getting the visual. is it a slotted headstock or does it have just pegs?
but yeah, nylon string classical. as supposed to a normal steel string. both, however, are very much accoustic.
christ. dont be all damn snooty about it. you all knew what i meant. just give me the damn answer

anyways any more opinions?
No need to get angry because they are being technically correct. Anyway, it is a nylon stringed classical.
Yea, a classical is an acoustic instrument.

Do the strings connect to pigs at the top, or do they wrap around those little bars like the picture you showed?
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Looks like a classical to me, but, some people i know put steel strings on it, sounds strange, i tried on mine, damaged the damn bridge. Oh man..
If you got it for $10 it's not a guitar.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
Quote by nightwind
Yea, a classical is an acoustic instrument.

Do the strings connect to pigs at the top, or do they wrap around those little bars like the picture you showed?

the strings wrap around like an electric guitar. like on the little stick like things. i guess they are called "pigs"
So they do NOT look like the image up there? There seems to be some confusion.

If they wrap around pegs then it is a steel string acoustic.

I thought it's a classical guitar. The headstock, coulor, strings and bridge are all classical features. But you say that it has the metal things that stick out of the headstock instead of the bar type things in the picture? Then i'm not sure, maybe it's some kind of hybrid. But I would say it's more like a classical than a normal acoustic.
Last edited by Tenacious S at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by nightwind
So they do NOT look like the image up there? There seems to be some confusion.

If they wrap around pegs then it is a steel string acoustic.

yea it doesnt have a pegs. If you look at the picture again i circled the unpeg part and wrote it doesnt have pegs. So do you think its a steel string acoustic now?
Quote by Zanarkandpr
yea it doesnt have a pegs. If you look at the picture again i circled the unpeg part and wrote it doesnt have pegs. So do you think its a steel string acoustic now?

Quote by the image
the guitar does have a tuning peg

So, the string goes up, and wraps vertically around those white bars? And to tune the string, you turn the tuning pegs right and left (assuming you are looking at the face of the guitar), right? Sounds like a classical to me.

Does it look like this?!

Quote by nightwind

Does it look like this?!

Yes the spot where you wrap your strings looks like that but the pegs you move to tune are facing downwards [ so you turn the pegs left and right when you are facing the front of the guitar]