Hey guys, it's very rare that I ask for tips, but I could use some advice.

I just got through an exhaustive Louis Johnson slap bass exercise, and got it down rather well. I can say I percussively slap at about 140-170 BPMs, more or less. Not that those speeds are very practical, I just find them fun to play.

Anyone got any good tips for this type of slapping? I'm looking to improve, and any suggestions from you guys would be great.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by Applehead
What exactly do you wanna know? What type of slapping do you mean ?

Just anything you know about Louis Johnson's type of slapping, I suppose. I'm not awesome at it, so any advice you have would work wonders, Apple.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
I wouldnt say Louis has a particularly unique style of slapping. I mean, to him, it was more about groove than insane speeds (like flea and wooten et al). For a good example of this, listen to Get On The Floor by Michael Jackson - this is Johnson at work, and you can see that he fills his space with dead notes, and although he's not playing at an insane speed, it's fast enough to give the song a nice energy.

That's really what i call "groove slap", because really he is playing a nice groove that really is a fingertyle groove, but he is slapping it. at least that's how i see it.