I'm pretty sure this is where I'm supposed to be posting this. If not, can you please move it? Thanks.

- - -

Ok, when browsing on the forum's here i've been noticing some repeating words alot, so I'm what of some of them are and what they do.

First is:
"Structure"
What do they mean when they say "first I work on the structure of a song, then go from there"

"Bridge"
I think I may know what this is, but want to make sure. Is it just a little part between a chorus or verse etc...? Like something you add in between something to give a different feel second time around?

and last but not least:
is there a certain way these go.

Intro (obviously first)
Verse
Chorus
Bridge?
Chorus?

I know some songs may not go like that, or it's personal preference, but it's what I'm wondering, and would really like to know.

Thank's.
Structure, put simply, is the "Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse..." set up.

I think you know what a Bridge is, but you just can't articulate it so I'll leave that alone.

There is no set order for a songs order or arrangement. A typical one is Intro-Verse-Chorus-Verse-Bridge-Chorus, but there is no wrong way to do it. Try to make it flow and keep from being choppy.
Quote by Uglúk
Structure, put simply, is the "Intro, Verse, Chorus, Verse..." set up.

I think you know what a Bridge is, but you just can't articulate it so I'll leave that alone.

There is no set order for a songs order or arrangement. A typical one is Intro-Verse-Chorus-Verse-Bridge-Chorus, but there is no wrong way to do it. Try to make it flow and keep from being choppy.

thank you, helped a ton! i also googled some stuff, but wanted to be sure on it, thanks again.
Guitar: Epiphone Elitist 1998'