Ive already made a topic about the DM pedal, but now ive also been offered a MT-2 from a different friend.

I play alot of heavy metal, SOAD,Korn,Metallica,Megadeth,Sepultura,etc and am wondering which would give a really good "metal" sound as opposed to OTT distortion(DM)

In particular something that would give me a similair sound to Sepultura's "Territory"

Thanks!
Digitech Death Metal would be a good one to choose
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Metal Zone is absolutely not versatile. It does metal very well, but it sucks for everything else.
i own the death metal..its not too great unless you love slightly muddy high gain distortion tht sounds like paper ripping...although after fiddling with it i got an alright sound that suited really really high gain heavy chunky riffs...
Maybe just a high-ish gain OD or dist pedal+Eq? Because that would be more versatile. I mean, those two can't do lead sounds of megadeath or Metallica well. Metal Muff?
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
sansamp gt-2..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by KVincent
Metal Zone is absolutely not versatile. It does metal very well, but it sucks for everything else.

That could be why they call it the Metal Zone and not the Good All Round Zone. Just a guess but i think i could be on to something here.
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'
PM redh0tchilip3pp or rizo299 to Join

Co-Founder of the 'Magikarp was blatantly the best Pokemon' Club
PM me to join
ProCo RAT is way better imo
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
screw both of those and get an EHX Metal Muff.

+1
EXACTLY WHAT I SAID EARLIER.
Yeh, both are pretty pish unless you like the 'bees in a tin' sound.

Try a metal muff, and ive also heard nothing but good on ProCo Rats.
Metal Muff. I've heard the Metal Zone and Digitech pedal get slammed and insulted constantly which implies that they arn't very good. I've never heard an ounce of critisizim, only praise, towards the Metal Muff.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Quote by Hakanku
Yeh, both are pretty pish unless you like the 'bees in a tin' sound.

Try a metal muff, and ive also heard nothing but good on ProCo Rats.

The metal muff sounds wonderful. AND it's versatile.

The RAT is great all around too.
Get the Metal Muff.
It's much better than the MT-2 and the Death Metal combined.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Kunundrum
ProCo RAT is way better imo

Turbo RAT, in fact. I love mine when I want to rip off heads.

If you leave the gain on high, the filter all the way low, and put the volume wherever, it sounds so metal. It's almost as though it had its own nuclear reactor that, through nuclear fusion, creates iron.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
yeah lol. It's extremely versatile. From Jeff Beck to metal players TO JOHN SCOFIELD... god