Yeah was learning Jump by Van Halen and i noticed had to grace note it, so basically what i'm asking is how do i grace note?
These walls are closing in, they're bound to suffocate me
Compled to live my life in ways I could never imagine
Can you save the dying eyes? Sentenced to never be free
I stand convicted of all your fucking lies.
A grace note is played in several ways.

One way is to play it immediately before the beat where the main note is to be played.

Another way is to play it on the beat but accent the principle note.

Or at the same time as the main beat and then immediately released.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
A grace note is played in several ways.

One way is to play it immediately before the beat where the main note is to be played.

Another way is to play it on the beat but accent the principle note.

Or at the same time as the main beat and then immediately released.

thank's
Guitar: Epiphone Elitist 1998'
Grace notes are wierd. They are one of the very few things that happens in music that does not have a very specific duration (based on tempo and its rhythmic symbol). The simplest way to think of them is that a grace note is a note that is played immediately before the "main note", and lasts as short a time as possible. Grace notes have no duration; that is to say they last such a short time, their existence isn't rhythmically acknolwedged on the staff - only their pitch is (this is why grace notes are physically smaller when written). A grace note is an ornament or embellishment to the second note. Grace notes are certainly not essential to the main melody of a piece, but can add an interesting variaton or flavor to a line.