Page 1 of 2
Am i the only one that uses a cart to bring it around? Because 45 pounds is a bit much to carry
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Last edited by Kunundrum at Mar 21, 2007,
Get some rollers, man!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
A plank that has wheels...ROLLERS!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
O_O

then you just put the amp on top of it.... Can you buy those things? or do you make them?
I use a handcart, because it can go up and down steps.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
handcart? what's a handcart? I use a pushcart. And genocide... Damn you must be strong lol.
ROLLERS!

How heavy are 4x12 cabs anyway?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
damn heavy. So i just stick the rollers under the amp?
you're bitching about 45 pounds? That has to be the lightest tube amp ever. Ooh nvm, you're not really bitching. You should know though, that there are a lot heavier ones out there.

I just carry my AC30 around. It's 71.6 pounds, but it comes with three handles . I think the 85 for a Twin Reverb is a bit much though.

4x12s aren't bad at all, they are just awkward (unless you live upstairs or something, then they're a pain in the ass because wheels don't really work too well when going up.)

Edit: See, the real way to do things is to buy a really heavy tube amp, and then use it as a personal weight lifting system also.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Yes. but still, I carry all my stuff by myself. And my new pedalboard (my old one got stolen if people remember) is a briefcase... aaand my guitars are mostly in hardcases. Just lookin for other ways
Quote by Kunundrum
handcart? what's a handcart? I use a pushcart. And genocide... Damn you must be strong lol.

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
lol. now... if i could only fit that in my car. are there foldable ones?
i use a friend . he takes it from one side, and i take it from the other adn we walk up the stairs with it....i have the laney lc-30, and i think it weights like 60 pounds. i could carry it by myself, really, but then im not too agile with it, so there's a risk bumping into things.

good thing i only need to move my amp 2-3 times a year, cause we have our bandroom, and it's only leaving it when we got gigs or whatever.
55 pounds for my tube amp!

Aren't AC30's about 90 pounds? They're flipping heavy! Tried to carry one and failed miserably!

*shakes head*

I need to start lifting weights.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
ahahhaa. I carry it around myself cause i have gigs more than one place.
Quote by Kunundrum
lol. now... if i could only fit that in my car. are there foldable ones?

Yeah, mine is foldable.
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
yayy... gotta get to the hardware store lol.
That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, xifr. I'm going to have to buy myself one of those.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
ohh i have one cool. This can go up the stage too!
The transportkarren is the one my neighbor has i think O_O. He hit me with it once
^ I assume you take it up backwards, like you do with a regular one.

But really, amps aren't that heavy. Go lift some weights.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Quote by TGM
^ I assume you take it up backwards, like you do with a regular one.

But really, amps aren't that heavy. Go lift some weights.

Don't wanna...

I can lift them, but carrying them more than 2 meters is just too much! And I'm not sure If I could trust myself going up stairs with my tube amp on a handroller.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by zwound
does that thing go up stairs???!!!

A proper flight of stairs is difficult, especially if they have overhangs, but certainly possible. You can get over small sets of stairs with relative ease. Going down requires a bit of technique (what you needa do is not let the truck fall off the stair, but ease it down by pulling back towards you), and is hard to do down a big flight due to the angle (you'll see when you do it).

EDIT: I'm a musician TGM, not a jock
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
Holy crap, now it's all about tehnique .

How big is your amp anyway, xifr?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^ Really? An Orange 4x12 is 45 kilos (100 pounds) It's really not that much.

If it's a combo with no handles on the side then try lifting it with your hands on the bottom to the sides, it's alot easier to lift it like that than too grab it with one handle form the top.

Id dunno, my bass cab weighs 30 kilos and the only problems I have with that is getting the thing through tight spaces, weight isn't really an issue.

Taking a handroller up stairs might be risky, so you should tie it on well. That means no granny knots, get someone to show you how to tie a good knot. I've gotten things like washing machines into a van with a handroller like the ones pictured above, it's not that hard really.

I'd be interested to know what the max weight is on those foldable handrollers, they can't be as sturdy as normal ones.

EDIT: If you guys think guitar amps are heavy, be glad you don't have to lug around 8x10 bass cabs.

EDIT2: I've just got one more thing to add, you're probably better off with a plank of wood with wheels on it than screwing wheels into your amp, that way the wheels are removable.

EDIT3:

Quote by xifr
EDIT: I'm a musician TGM, not a jock

Bah, everyone knows that unless your famous rockstars have to double as roadies.

I dunno how much a good cart costs, but you can get a decent bench, a barbell, two dumbbell rods and plates for under AUD$200.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Last edited by TGM at Mar 21, 2007,
Bass cabs....

DO YOU PLAY THE DRUMS!?

edit: How do you screw on the wheels?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
My amp is 30 kilos, which may not seem like much, but its a combo and doesn't have those side handle things, and is really awkward to carry. However the handcart makes it a breeze, hell, I can even get to practice in one trip (guitar case in one hand, pulling amp along with the other w/ cables draped over the guitar case or my shoulder).
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
To xifr, trolleys do help. The old bassist in my big band had a good torlley. He could carry a big bass cass, a half stack, and a case for leads, pedals, tuners, etc. in one trip.

Quote by Jinskee
Bass cabs....

DO YOU PLAY THE DRUMS!?

edit: How do you screw on the wheels?

Drums? No, but I have lugged around plenty of drum kits. Even bass drums with the toms still attached. They aren't heavy at all. Just very awkward to get through doors. Cymbal cases are heavier than they look, but not as heavy as a head.
Last edited by TGM at Mar 21, 2007,
rofl, I was kidding.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I got stuck once cause i was helping my drummer carry his set.... How THE HELL do you get a bass drum through a 2 1/2 foot wide door while going through a 3 foot hall O_O
^ Sideways.

And if it doesn't fit, use a larger hammer.
I lift my peavey all on my own, thats 61...although I do struggle at times, and im unbalanced and wobble like a beyatch.
Oh yeah, you can use yourself a dolly aswell.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by TGM
^ Sideways.

And if it doesn't fit, use a larger hammer.

Hammer?!?!? WE KICKED IT. The club owner said "Oh, you found a way...."
i just carry my head and my 6x12 around, the 6x12 is kinda awkward on steps because its so big but other than that i never have any problems.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
exactly why i want a small tube combo as my classic 30 has been bought
Page 1 of 2