is there a difference? im using a guitar cable and i get more volume when i use the guitar than a bass
Not really. Guitar and bass cables? I don't think there's such thing as a specific guitar and bass cable. The basic cable a guitar and bass use is a 1/4 inch instrument cable. You get more out of a guitar because the guitar seems louder than the bass, or your ear perceives it as so.

The only differences I know of between instrument cables is the type of metals used and the overall durability and quality of the cable. Instrument cables and XLR cables, however, are a different story.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
A guitar cable and a Bass cable is the exact same thing! Trust me! Now a Speaker Cable and an Instrument Cable are two different things. Btu ti is easy to spot the difference. (Speaker is alot thicker, and more rugged feeling)

Guitars are louder because the frequencies are louder acousticly. Play both instruments unplugged and you tell me what is louder.
All I can say is that Fender can find more ways to make money than anyone...I agree there's no difference--an instrument cable is an instrument cable.
Last edited by anarkee at Mar 21, 2007,
Quote by thefitz

looks like a gimmick.

im sure if i played a bass with changing the cables, im sure you couldn't tell the difference.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!