Depends on the country. www.allparts.com is cheaper on a lot of stuff. If you are in the UK then allparts has a UK devision. I'm registered for a 33% discount with allparts UK so I might be able to help you out.
Not taking any online orders.
I am from Singapore, do you think you could help me out? x.x

EDIT: Nvm, i meant by woods and not parts sorry if theres any misunderstanding
Last edited by oreodunk at Mar 21, 2007,
Quote by Ulrik

Heya, i have a few questions.

Neck and Finger Board Combination Style : With Glued Slab Finger board. What does this mean?

Nut Style: Vintage Style .125 Curved Bottom. How does this look like?

Fingerboard Radius, what does this means?

Truss Rod Option: Vintage Single Action Adjust at Heel. Will this work in every body?

And for Neck Profile, is it better for me to get Chunky C as i have bigger hands.

And what does Heavy Rolled Finger Board Edges means?

Thank you very much. Sorry for so many questions im new and first time ordering..
Glued fingerboard slab is basically standard construction.

Some necks can be constructed as one piece, and have the truss rod inserted through the back, though.

Fingerboard radius is basically the profile of your fingerboard. A compounded radius is going to be easier to fret chords because it's rounded.

I'm guessing they mean a nut like this:

Truss rod - Yes, but you'll have to remove the neck to adjust it. I say that's too much of a hassle.

They have a page explaining heavily rolled edges. Check it out.

I say go to your shop and check out neck profiles. Ask the shop guys for different neck profiles specifically - so you can feel the exact one you want.
Quote by oreodunk
I am from Singapore, do you think you could help me out? x.x

EDIT: Nvm, i meant by woods and not parts sorry if theres any misunderstanding

Allparts does bodies and necks, but I don't think I would be any help to you. Given your location, I would think that there would be much cheaper options for you than an American website. A lot of great building materials grow in Indonesia and get shipped through Singapore
Not taking any online orders.
yeah thats true but then again, there isn't a company that will ship ready made bodys to singapore cuz i'm here too they will mostly ship just pieces of wood and then u gotta cut it urself and stuff os it's alot of hassle
Quote by CorduroyEW
Allparts does bodies and necks, but I don't think I would be any help to you. Given your location, I would think that there would be much cheaper options for you than an American website. A lot of great building materials grow in Indonesia and get shipped through Singapore

My friend owned a guitar made from Indonesia and he left the guitar in a cupboard for 3 months without touching. When he took it out, theres a mushroom growing on the fretboards.. I was like oh my god?
Hey, Switchfoot is the Best

Ok... Random Question: Because I want to break the mold, I like the Idea of using something other than Mahogany/Maple. I tried to find two woods that when their brightness meters (on the Warmoth Website, checkitout) were added together would be similar to Mahogany/Maple....

Does this make any sense...? I like the LP'ish tone, but with maybe Koa and Ash, the dark Mahogany and bright Maple would be replaced with brighter but dark Koa and darker but still bright ash....

Maybe I'm mental....