I love clean tone and yet i love warm too.

Fender for clean while Gibson for warm. I am stuck on the decision, what should i go for?
hmmm....get a good strat/tele
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
need more info, what styles do you play in?

I think that Gibson gives you a better scope. play anything from blues to medium heavy metal.
get the gibson. just make sure it isn't special/ faded.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
^ hey man they arent that bad

whats your budget and what music styles do you play? might be able to recommend something other than fender or gibson that does what you want
NOPE
Well Anything below 600-700. Well im learning blues and more of RHCP stuff, so a mixture of both. I hate shredding and dislike Metal.
Quote by Jimmy94
Get a fender. They're clean AND warm.

I think they sound sterile.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
I'd say fender.

Or try PRS.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
PRS or Ibanez.

For PRS, pretty much anything will be versatile. For Ibanez, try an SZ. they're great.

If you don't want to give those brands a try, get a Fender Strat, with an HSS setup. Use the single coils for cleans, and the humbucker for anthing a little more on the heavy side.
Quote by Nakon14
^ hey man they arent that bad

ya, but more are bad in those series than in others. you have to be a bit more careful choosing one of those as opposed to a higher end model.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
Decide on whatever you like the sound of best, not peoples opinions..... we're not you.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
What amp do you have? What is your current guitar? What currency is this cash in?

I'd probably recommend the Fender Standard Strat plus upgrades... unless you can find a Jap one?
I think there's alot to weigh up.

Obviously there's the sound. Single coils sound very different to humbuckers. You can use single coils up to shred, but not really heavy metal. Humbuckers aren't as great at subtle playing and clean.

Also, asides from the sound and such, a top end Fender is half the price of a Gibson Les Paul.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by R_H_C_P
Decide on whatever you like the sound of best, not peoples opinions..... we're not you.

perfect answer. it really comes down to taste. fender strats have a warm thick sound, les pauls have a sharp sound. now you can toy with the sounds via amps, effects, etc. but the tones will be different from one guitar to another.

i have an epi les paul. it's a good one. picked it up new for $550 on sale. i'm now looking for a mexican standard strat.

blues: SRV played a strat almost exclusively...duane allman played a les paul almost exclusively. they both played blues. they both sounded great. you'll find examples of both in every genre. play both, pick the one you like. pauls are the more expensive of the two though for the most part.
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Twin Reverb II 105 Watts
Takamine EG-330 cutaway elec/acoustic
Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
Gibsin
Member of the "Shoop da Whoop club" PM C.C. Deville to join.
O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############

98% of teens have either drank alcohol, or been around another teen drinking alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
If you want a compromise get som,ething with a H-S-H configuration, either that or a pair of humbuckers with coil splits or series/parallel switching.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You have the same Birthday as me

Even though that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.
Quote by Saturated Fat
Well, my b-day is coming up(april 4th) and i wanna buy another guitar. Yet, i have no clue which guitars are great for which type of music. Since i don't have easy access to a music store/ guitar expert, ill ask you guys
I play alot of song like ac/dc, Jet, and GNR. The Beatles, 3 doors down, Aerosmith, Arctic Monkeys, and the whiote stripes. I noticed that both GNR(slash) and Angus young have gibsons. So mabye a les paul copy? I dont know the strengths and weaknesses of the Les Paul. Let alone a copy.
My price range is around $400-$500, so i know im not going to get an exceptionally perfect guitar. But a pretty good one would do just fine.
My Amplifier is another matter. I have just a lame practice amp, pretty small, barely any wattage. So im gonna get an amp later, but i sometimes dont plug my guitar in, and play.
The Les Paul is used by Slash, but i dont know about crunchy power chords and small licks.
So which guitar is good for which playing style?

Go make a new thread...
the mustang sounds really nice with distortion and it has a bell like clean tone very nice...

or you could get a standard strat and put a set of laces(pick ups in case you arent familiar) on it for an improved tone

id recommend blue/silver/red... im pretty sure thats the order ive tried...again nice cean and nice distortion... versatile as hell as wel
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
id go for a LP
Quote by cagnius
I'd rather be spooning than doing my essay...
Get a Fender Stratocaster. They have great cleans and warms. And they're perfect for blues and funk.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Yeah, torn b2een the strat and a Gibson, the ultimate problem. You gotta go with your gut feeling. Personally, I would pick a Faded version of a Gibson, but that is me.(I love humbuckers.) But, if you want to go with a more RHCP tone, go with the MIM strat, 3 single coil, or HSS would do it.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?