Page 1 of 2
i think so anyway.

you can watch the horribly drawn out, cliched video on their myspace as well. this song is the musical equivalent of a hugh grant romantic comedy. you know exactly where its going, when its going to change and what the final outcome will be, musically and visually. okay its lovely and melodic, very catchy, but ultimately for me just really boring.

i don't know, someone might like it. not for me though. discuss.

myspace
Thankyou! I said that EXACT same thing when I saw the video on MySpazz.

Someone should seriously tell them that fail, and that only Lost Prophets can get away with turning into Duran Duran.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
i've listened to it around 20 times, trying to pick at it, but i think its a thing of beauty.

they've got a near perfect mix going on, the guitars have a lovely ambient sound while the bass cuts through nicely. it's really soothing to my ears.
Quote by haz_uk
i've listened to it around 20 times, trying to pick at it, but i think its a thing of beauty.

they've got a near perfect mix going on, the guitars have a lovely ambient sound while the bass cuts through nicely. it's really soothing to my ears.

I'll agree with that: it's been very well produced. I just think it's a little too overpolished for my tastes. Saying that though, I know it'll grow on me
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
It can't be worse than Out of Reach..

EDIT: Oh, but it can. Sounded like really generic radio rock.

Wtf happened to the Funeral we all used to love??
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Last edited by the_astronaut at Mar 21, 2007,
if it was any other band then i'd probably say "yeah it's pretty generic, but it's catchy".

but because of what ffaf used to stand for, it's an absolute disgrace.

edit: the answer to their crappiness, lies within the reading material in this picture. (at least the nme is out of sight...)

Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Last edited by frodoisdead at Mar 21, 2007,
the bass is a lot more twangy, if anyone understands that. thats about the only thing i like off it. shame.
Quote by the_astronaut

Yeah, where's the This Years Most Open Heartbreak?! That new song sounds like it could have been any indie band, plus it was boring as hell.

"Wear fishes, well I never"
Quote by StuartR
Yeah, where's the This Years Most Open Heartbreak?! That new song sounds like it could have been any indie band, plus it was boring as hell.

True dat. No idea where the energy and passion went to...
Quote by frodoisdead
edit: the answer to their crappiness, lies within the reading material in this picture. (at least the nme is out of sight...)

...there it goes.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Quote by the_astronaut
Atlantic Records. Not specifically the company, but the success it brought. In some way at least.
^How'd you mean, the pressure to sell more copies, or the effect that potentially selling more copies had on them?

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Well I don't know, I think mainly the fact that they were on this big shiny label, headlining all these shiny events like GIAN etc. just made them feel a bit bigger than they were. Maybe. Not necessarily them thinking 'oh lets sell more records' (although maybe thats true), but more that they just found a new audience and started to cater to that, thinking more in terms of radio play than getting out there and doing shows.

I'm probably wrong. I've been drinking.
Quote by kryptonite22

I'm probably wrong. I've been drinking.

If I'm that coherent while drunk, I'm giving myself a pat on the back.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
let's not forget that these guys are no longer spring chickens. you could say that their sound has matured, even if it now sucks penis.

at least we can laugh at the fact matt davies wants to look like shakespeare. pity his songs aren't such poetry.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
what happened to the lead singers other band the alt country band the secret show i liked that
they released their full length which was pretty good. i'm not sure if they have toured much though?
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
The Secret Show did one tour in Feb, I got to the Cardiff date. They were alright, much better than I thought from the one or two songs I'd heard.

And I understand what you mean about them possibly maturing. Unfortunately whereas Thrice mature and make a pretty surprising but beautiful album in 'Vheissu', FFAF seem to have gone down the other road and just got more boring.
It is pretty dull.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Wow, I really love FFAF, and in truth I pretty much would have liked anything they'd release... but at first listen that song really does nothing for me. It's dull, there's not much going on melodically - but I find the change of sound interesting and would like to hear some more of their new stuff.
it sounded alright... and i liked history... but i do agree that history is boring
"For Us, For Them, For You"
history is a good song exept for the lyrics i don't think they make much sense, or out of the lyrical pool that the singer uses i think i could construct a better song, escpecially with the shakespeare like allusion going on through the song but thats just me, i use to love it but then this nawing fear in the back of my head just made me decide one day not to like it, the fear wasn't "fear" it was just distaste for it, but that being said, i thougth FFAF was going to be the biggest band on "the scene" when their last record came out and then when they didn't get "that big" i was happy but now after seeing this it seems that they will become like fall out boy or something and every 12 year old girl will buy the record and subsecentely go out and buy all the old records adn call themselves fans and then talk as if they have been listening to the band for years, which totally pisses me off, i don't mind ifyou start likeing a band i like or whatever, despite the stereotype, i just hate it when you think your the number one fan, when you heard the band on MTV on f'ing TRL or something ok i'm done.....
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
Well, I really like the new song. I've listened to it a bunch of times now, and I just really like it. What can I say?
cats are the best...
Quote by slowdescent2020
history is a good song exept for the lyrics i don't think they make much sense, or out of the lyrical pool that the singer uses i think i could construct a better song, escpecially with the shakespeare like allusion going on through the song but thats just me, i use to love it but then this nawing fear in the back of my head just made me decide one day not to like it, the fear wasn't "fear" it was just distaste for it, but that being said, i thougth FFAF was going to be the biggest band on "the scene" when their last record came out and then when they didn't get "that big" i was happy but now after seeing this it seems that they will become like fall out boy or something and every 12 year old girl will buy the record and subsecentely go out and buy all the old records adn call themselves fans and then talk as if they have been listening to the band for years, which totally pisses me off, i don't mind ifyou start likeing a band i like or whatever, despite the stereotype, i just hate it when you think your the number one fan, when you heard the band on MTV on f'ing TRL or something ok i'm done.....

nah, i don't think they'll ever have a similar fanbase to falloutboy. i still can't see ffaf getting absolutely massive, i dunno i just can't picture it happening. not after hours seemingly flopped.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
i just listened to it....wow they have really really changed is all i have to say, i'lll still buy the album
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
Quote by slowdescent2020

That is officially the longest sentence I've ever read
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
New stuff better be good for when i see them in manc. either that, or some nice oldies to mix it up a bit.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
people to need to get rid of that damned yakult avatar. PLZZZ.

however, i think the new album will be exactly the same as the new single. YAY.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
Anyone been watching the Studio Updates? Man, they've got some nice gear.

But yeah. Shame about the song.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Ok, after listening to this song a few more times it's really growing on me I like it.
I loved History.

Listening to new one now.

EDIT: I thought that was great. The video is a little cliche but the song is very well written, and the tone is almost perfect. I've always preferred newer FFAF (yeah, way more emotion put into it) and this is just another improvement.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Last edited by duncang at Mar 30, 2007,
well, ive only heard a few songs from them. I fell in love with "Juneau". The other songs are alright.
i'm hoping the cd is better than the single
eh i can see why people think its okay but for me liking theyre other stuff so much better i think it sucks.
Quote by MightyAl
You could try "Since evryone on the UG forum insits on 'pics or it didn't happen', does that mean I'm a virgin as long as I don't tape it?"
If it's Oblivion then it is shite. Cliche crap. I loved songs like Novella and Juneau. But whatever, bands change I guess.
Quote by frodoisdead
nah, i don't think they'll ever have a similar fanbase to falloutboy. i still can't see ffaf getting absolutely massive, i dunno i just can't picture it happening. not after hours seemingly flopped.

I'm not so sure about that, Hours seemed to sitting on the fence, trying to attract a new audience, but trying to keep their old one too. And because of that it was just never as successful as anyone hoped. This one's gone all out though, trying to reach a completely different audience, and to an extent disregarded their old fans. I think this album could transform them into household names, on par with someone like the Killers.

It's a shame really.
^ at the time the dvd came out, i thought 'ok, a bit soon', but now im glad it came out when it did because it documents everything i loved about the band at that time so its a nice little reminder of where they came from and to look again at where they could have gone.
Page 1 of 2