Poll: Is painting your nails/wearing eyeliner acceptable in a metal band?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is painting your nails/wearing eyeliner acceptable in a metal band?
YES!!! I do, and I look pretty awesome/evil doing it.
2 4%
Yes, but I wouldn't personally.
4 7%
I'm indifferent.
7 13%
No, it's kind of weird...
9 16%
No, only emo posers do it.
26 47%
This thread is really stupid.
7 13%
Voters: 55.
This is a stupid thread I know... but are you for or against painting your nails black and wearing eyeliner in any form of metal/ hard rock band?

My lead guitarist does both, and although he's a total weirdo, he's really cool and I don't mind.

Opinions?
Gay!
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Hmm, thats kind of stereotypical...

I think that only some people can pull it off. Like I think Alexi Laiho of COB can. And I think it's better than wearing a bunch of spikes or having a crazy braided goatee.
nay, for anyone.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
i like the results in this one
Quote by Inahrima

Kirk: you know what would be hardcore?
James: what?
Kirk: metallica nail polish!
James:

Quote by grimreaper65

'Scuse me, i'm going to go listen to some black metal bands sing about black people. Then some grindcore about coffee.
I can understand some people still do coz they've done it since the 80's when it was really popular but even back then it was gay as fúck!
The only people that do it these days are little emo fags who look about as cool as a salmon pink YSL tank top!
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by northerfan666
Hmm, thats kind of stereotypical...

I think that only some people can pull it off. Like I think Alexi Laiho of COB can. And I think it's better than wearing a bunch of spikes or having a crazy braided goatee.

It's funny how you folks rag on the emo kids but still idolize boygirl conundrums like Alexi Laiho. No, he can't pull it off, and yes, he looks exactly like a poster child for hot topic, along with Billy Martin and the like.

Why does this thread exist in this forum anyways?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
It's funny how you folks rag on the emo kids but still idolize boygirl conundrums like Alexi Laiho. No, he can't pull it off, and yes, he looks exactly like a poster child for hot topic, along with Billy Martin and the like.

Why does this thread exist in this forum anyways?

I agree with the Alexi Laiho thing I thought he was a chick until a couple days ago...
nay Nay NAy NAY NAYNAYNAY!

Please no. Anytime I see a band start wearing eyeliner and painting thier fingernails they start to produce pure rubbish in the music department(metal or not).

To whoever said the stuff about the spikes though should remember GWAR lol. That's just entertaining. But for the rest of it, ya it's pretty stupid looking.
Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Emo Spam Gay Gay Gay

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
nothing to do with guitar
but no i dont
my singer does
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
actually...i used to outline my nails with a sharpie so i could see my fingers on the fretboard in a dim lit gig. but i stopped cause i realised it made me look like a fag
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Nothing to do with this forum...

*Closed*
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.