i ordered a boss dr-670 drum machine last night and i gots a question...should i run midi lines to and from it to my usb interface or should i just run a 1/4 inch line from it to the interface?

i'm not really looking for a variety of sounds [the drum machine comes with like 250 or something like that] i'm just looking to do the drum patterns in cubase, thanks!
Quote by Inahrima

Kirk: you know what would be hardcore?
James: what?
Kirk: metallica nail polish!
James:

Quote by grimreaper65

'Scuse me, i'm going to go listen to some black metal bands sing about black people. Then some grindcore about coffee.
In this case I'd say just program it like you want it and then record the output in Cubase by hooking up the 1/4" outs to your interface. But you could try programming the parts in Cubase and using the drum machine as a sound generator by running the MIDI cables (although that's pretty stupid, you can get much better sounds from sample sets for about the same money and not have the hassle of an outside MIDI connection and setting up the I/O of Cubase for the drum machine).
yeah, that's what i thought it would be best to do, just needed a second opinion, thanks ;]
Quote by Inahrima

Kirk: you know what would be hardcore?
James: what?
Kirk: metallica nail polish!
James:

Quote by grimreaper65

'Scuse me, i'm going to go listen to some black metal bands sing about black people. Then some grindcore about coffee.