im looking at the b52 half stack but i mean is there anything better i want fx and all but they dont sound to good i have the marshall but im looking for a new rig
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
anyone?
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your Marshal halfstack is no more than an MG or an AVT. If that's the case, going out and buying a halfstack for $600 is not going to improve anything. If I'm wrong and you got some sort of Marshall tube amp then why the hell do you need a B-52?

Why do you need a stack in the first place? Getting a nice tube combo amp would provide you with better quality sound and value.

EDIT: Don't ask "Anyone?" after 7 minutes. Be patient and wait.

Why don't I just make things easier for you...
You don't need a halfstack. Don't even bother.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
Quote by fisher6
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that your Marshal halfstack is no more than an MG or an AVT. If that's the case, going out and buying a halfstack for $600 is not going to improve anything. If I'm wrong and you got some sort of Marshall tube amp then why the hell do you need a B-52?

Why do you need a stack in the first place? Getting a nice tube combo amp would provide you with better quality sound and value.

EDIT: Don't ask "Anyone?" after 7 minutes. Be patient and wait.

Why don't I just make things easier for you...
You don't need a halfstack. Don't even bother.

yes i have the avt smart one arent ya lol and yeah i dont need an amp but i want one im thinking i should just save alittle more and get a fullstack my bassist is tottally overpowering me and i thought it would be beter to get something loder not saying it isnt louder but more watts and maybe another cab and the b-52 because its the next amp for 600 or the randall which ive been told sucks
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by Archeo
maybe the Ashdown Fallen Angel half-stack...

dont care for tube even though its easier i cant keep up with the tubes shew id blow one every night lol
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Getting a 30 watt tube amp for 600 bucks would sound much better and be much louder than any solid state stack. And please learn how to use periods. I'd also like to know how you'd manage to blow a tube every night?

Ok, my advice is to go ahead and get a solid state stack. It sounds like you're a douche and you don't deserve any better.
fu.ck periods lol and i think i may get a nice combo and plug it into a cab
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by Khoshaba
dont care for tube even though its easier i cant keep up with the tubes shew id blow one every night lol

You'd blow a tube every night? The other guy was right, you don't need a half stack, you need a teacher.

For your grammar and your gear maintainence.
Quote by guitarguy0153
have you ever played with tubes, man?

yes? ive been playing for 6 years now but it just seems they need more atention than i can give, plus i throw my stuff in a van and tubes may break i just dont think its worth plus i want a new cab to go along and there arent many tube heads that are under 600 that have a cab
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by ohmerrymayhem
You'd blow a tube every night? The other guy was right, you don't need a half stack, you need a teacher.

For your grammar and your gear maintainence.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk grammer and no its alittle something call head exploding metal
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by Khoshaba
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk grammer and no its alittle something call head exploding metal

HAHAHAHA

'Nuff Said.
yes. You do not know how to get along with UGers do you? you havent been here very long
EDIT: or spell
There's something living in these lines.
Quote by ohmerrymayhem

HAHAHAHA

'Nuff Said.

its hard not to love lol
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
Quote by guitarguy0153
yes. You do not know how to get along with UGers do you? you havent been here very long

Month or so, here I shall use proper grammer lo. Yeah im in typing class lmao, show the dedication to the guitar I am lol, I get caught agian im kicked out then i can graduat because i need this class lol
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
If you want a super loud amp and dont care that it sounds like crap just buy a crate full stack. You could make an entire stadium of people get up and leave with one of those.
yeah thats why i went with the marshall a little back, The crate full stacks are horible all around people think hell yeah a full stack but its the same price if you peiced another crate cab on haha noobs get them lol
*Guitars*

Fender Standard Strat

Ibanez DT155

Ibanez RG2EX1

*Amps*

Peavey Classic 50

*Effects*

Boss MT2 Metal Zone

Danelectro Fab Chorus

Danelectro Fab Flanger
So if noobs buy crate stacks, what does that make you? You're upgrading from a marshall solid state stack to a b-52 solid state stack... that's much worse.
With your current $600, you can sell your Marshall stack to boost your funds and get a better stack / combo. I won't recommend anything, but IMO having two solid state stacks is a bit excessive.
If you want more power there's no reason why you shouldn't upgrade. Let me stick my neck out (and probably get decapitated.) Peavey Valveking 112, all tube, 50watts. Please note: I am not a gigging musician, but I have been playing for almost 35 years. I have not had this amp out on a gig but I am delighted with it's sound.
You can add a 412 cab and have an awesome half-stack. The Valveking 112 combo is only about $429.00. You may need a pedal for metal.
NO Tube amp I know of will stand being thrown around like a sack of potatoes.
In my opinion B52s are junk. I had two brand new ones and ended up exchanging each of them for the Valveking.
You have to order a footswitch as the dicks don't provide one (Valvekings.)
If you play metal the best and cheapest route would be to buy a used Crate combo and add the cab. The new ones don't cut through at gigs. The older ones (1980's or so) have a better bottom end, but play the hell out of it before you buy. There are some reported reliability issues.
listen to uldhppi, thats a great amp. and 50 watts of tube is PLENTY power to gig with. if your not mature enough to take care of your tubes, which isnt very ****ing hard, then your not mature enough to play in a band anyway.
i think marshall makes a half stack for about 500 that would be nice...im not 100% positive though..it would be good to look inot though
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
If you're smart, you'll get a nice tube combo.

However, as you seem to have proven otherwise, why don't you just go get a B-52 SS full stack? That'll be super loud and easy to carry around, and I bet because it's so loud and big the tone's awesome.