Page 1 of 2
I was browsing the net and came across this. Surely no one would ever pay that ridiculous price for a guitar, let alone just coz they've chipped some of the paint off it and replicated some dodgy mods.

http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/mod_1.12/pages/mod_1.12.1/pages/mod_1.12.1.1/pages/index.php?sku=1.1.1.1.1-7-37
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
lol sound control...they're always so expensive...I think I found one good deal in there...and that was for a schecter that only they stock...So yeah it probably is the most ridiculously priced guitar...have to say it's also the most expensive guitar I've ever seen
im pretty sure one of hendrixs guitars was on ebay for like 50 000$
"Lies, sanctions, and cruise missles have never created a free and just society. Only everyday people can do that." -Zack de la Rocha

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Quote by CoreysMonster

that's like saying: "Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience""

sigged biatch
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Andy Summer's guitar? I'll pass. Even if I was a millionare. Ok, maybe if I was a millionare. I've always wanted a beat up guitar used by a famous guitarists.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Mar 21, 2007,
It's not his actual guitar, it's just a replica! I wouldn't even pay that for this actual guitar. It's not like he's a guitar god up with the likes of SRV and Hendrix
Yea, thats quite a lot. But you gotta remember thats a very limited edition guitar - only 250 made. A normal custom shop price is around £2-3k, plus those ones are maticulously made, so they'll be more than that... and the fact that they're out just in time for the re-union tour... when all the old Police fanatics are gonna be coming out of the woodwork. It's a lot of money, but I'm willing to bet there are plenty of people out there willing to pay it for such a limited run guitar.
Quote by CoreysMonster
hey, i've been sigged!

that you have
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Quote by Tom Martin
Yea, thats quite a lot. But you gotta remember thats a very limited edition guitar - only 250 made. A normal custom shop price is around £2-3k, plus those ones are maticulously made, so they'll be more than that... and the fact that they're out just in time for the re-union tour... when all the old Police fanatics are gonna be coming out of the woodwork. It's a lot of money, but I'm willing to bet there are plenty of people out there willing to pay it for such a limited run guitar.

Those guitars will not of cost more than £500 max to make; it's is an absolute ripoff! The same as the Rory Gallagher one they made. Replicating dents and scratches in a guitar is stupid as the while thing in having an old beat up guitar is the history behind it and the memories that come with it.
That guitar looks like crap. for that price, i could get like 2 or 3 ESP or Jackson custom guitars that would probably play and sound MUCH better.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
That guitar looks like crap. for that price, i could get like 2 or 3 ESP or Jackson custom guitars that would probably play and sound MUCH better.

I know! For that price I would want Leo Fender's virgin daughters to hand craft it for me whilst wearing only bunny ears
Quote by stained
http://www.fqms.com/Martin%20D100%20Deluxe_W144.cfm - $100,000..why would you buy that?..fricking ugly imo

Personally I think that looks beautiful! And you know you are getting the finest materials available to man to craft it.
The other one is just a beat up old telecaster using the same materials as any other tele.
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
It's not his actual guitar, it's just a replica! I wouldn't even pay that for this actual guitar. It's not like he's a guitar god up with the likes of SRV and Hendrix

you're right it's not like he started a shredding revolution or anything. oh he also didn't inspire any guitarists. i forgot that was the overrated hendrix inspired every guitarist since his "music" came out.

(p.s. blatent sarcasum)

yeah i wouldn't pay that much for a replica.
Quote by drugfreeboy
you're right it's not like he started a shredding revolution or anything. oh he also didn't inspire any guitarists. i forgot that was the overrated hendrix inspired every guitarist since his "music" came out.

(p.s. blatent sarcasum)

yeah i wouldn't pay that much for a replica.

Well I certainly didn't listen to a Police record and think god I really want to start playing guitar
that wat the police guitar?!?! they only good song they had was "S.O.S." and ten masked men did a better cover of the song then they did.
Quote by drugfreeboy
that wat the police guitar?!?! they only good song they had was "S.O.S." and ten masked men did a better cover of the song then they did.

Hence my earleir reference that it's not like he's up their with the likes of Hendrix
Replica/Tribute guitars in general are for people with too much spare money. Get a guitar you like, earn your own place with it.
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
Replicating dents and scratches in a guitar is stupid as the while thing in having an old beat up guitar is the history behind it and the memories that come with it.

I agree totally!

I would love to buy a vintage guitar that has been genuinly beat up and HAS a story behind it, but these brand new "vintage" looking guitars have no point to them.

I like how when Fender replicated SRV's guitar, they DIDN'T make it look like the beat up version Stevie had, they made it look brand new.
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
Hence my earleir reference that it's not like he's up their with the likes of Hendrix

my bad i thought you were refering to VH not the dood from the police. sorry for the sarcasum.
Quote by drugfreeboy
my bad i thought you were refering to VH not the dood from the police. sorry for the sarcasum.

Yeah VH is a god. I still wouldn't pay £10,000 for a replica of his frankeinstrat though.
it seems stupid to pay more the $1,000 for any guitar. is life changing as it is for some...ITS JUST A PEICE OF WOOD!!!!!
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
Well I certainly didn't listen to a Police record and think god I really want to start playing guitar

Wrong generation mate... The Police are a stupidly influential band, and Andy Summers is held in very high regard amongst guitarists. If you'd been born 20 years earlier you wouldn't think the same way.
Quote by Tom Martin
Wrong generation mate... The Police are a stupidly influential band, and Andy Summers is held in very high regard amongst guitarists. If you'd been born 20 years earlier you wouldn't think the same way.

My dad was a huge Police fan so I practically grew up listening to them. They have a couple of good songs but none of the guitar work is anything special IMHO.
Stuart Copeland's drumming on the other hand...
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
My dad was a huge Police fan so I practically grew up listening to them. They have a couple of good songs but none of the guitar work is anything special IMHO.
Stuart Copeland's drumming on the other hand...

Well thats your opinion
By the way, I am in no means justifying the cost of that guitar... it's far too much. All I'm saying is, it's a collectors item, not a guitar.
Maybe in 20 years someone will pay £10,000 for a copy of my beat up old BC Rich Warlock
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
Maybe in 20 years someone will pay £10,000 for a copy of my beat up old BC Rich Warlock

You just keep waiting
Yeah, the police were pretty big, but it's funny how they say they became the "biggest band in the world" I think thats a bit of an overstatement.

Oh, and yes it's a ripoff, but since only 250 are being made there are plenty of rich old police fans that'll prolly buy hem anyway.
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
I know! For that price I would want Leo Fender's virgin daughters to hand craft it for me whilst wearing only bunny ears

Quote by Tom Martin
it's a collectors item, not a guitar.

i agree, i saw a fender strat that had a special endorsement with jaguar as in the car company, it was a rediculous price, only a hundred or so were made and it was never intended to be played, one day i want to buy one and actually use it properly, no doubt it would be terrible but meh.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Quote by mxdonkey281
Theres one on musicians friend for like 13000. I believe its a gibson.

That's probably the Hendrix one which is $13,000. This is £9,000 Pounds Stirling which is about $18,000!!!

IMO guitars should never be built purely for ornamental value, they should be played. If you want something limited edition to sit on a wall, buy some Royal Doulton!
I think in buying the guitar that Hendrix burned at one of his shows would be a more pointless investment tbh
Reliced guitars are the new fashion with the older guys now adays. These guitars however aren't aimed at guitarist. They're aimed at collectors.. You'll see it in a glass case on some rich business mans wall.
Personally I would rather shell out for a Detemple.
Gear: Yamaha AES 620 Equipped with SD JB+APH-1
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Equipped with BKP Mothers Milk
Fender Pro Jr., Traynor YCV 50, Diamond J-Drive MK3, Fulltone 70's Fuzz, Teese RMC Wizard Wah, Boss dd-3, Boss CE-5, Korg DT-10 pedal tuner.
Quote by Cecil Gonzales

Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by drugfreeboy

Ha.

Wrong.

The song is called "Message in a Bottle"...

They've done about five other amazing songs...

Ten Masked Men can only merely match up to the original songwriters.
Quote by Metal Massacre
Ha.

Wrong.

The song is called "Message in a Bottle"...

They've done about five other amazing songs...

Ten Masked Men can only merely match up to the original songwriters.

So that's basically one good song per album they released
Page 1 of 2