Poll: Which do you beleive is more of a threat to your country?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which do you beleive is more of a threat to your country?
Globalwarming
78 49%
Terrorism
43 27%
Niether
24 15%
Other (specify)
13 8%
Voters: 158.
Page 1 of 2
Please behave, no name calling or I will delete the thread, (though most of my threads die right away anyway). I am just curious to see what all of you think.

EDIT: Crap, I should have put an option for both.
Last edited by JDawg at Mar 21, 2007,
Global warming more than terrorism but really niether i live in canada its all cool up here
I voted neither.

Cause it isn't likely that terrorists will attack our country much.

And I think globalwarming is a cycle that the earth goes through.
Quote by crfowler_09
Global warming. Terrorist are a bit preoccupied right now.
Both are a threat, but terrorism can only stretch so far. Global warming, is global (deedeedee) terrorism is more of a targeted/selecting type deal.

Right but some parts of the earth will not feel the effects of global wamring as much as others... Mencia.
Quote by glm
I voted neither.

I totally agree.
Global warming has little proof of it's existience, terrorism on the other hand obviously exist, so I gotta go with that, but in the future global warming will definatly have more effect.
Quote by Mcassidy42
Global warming has little proof of it's existience, terrorism on the other hand obviously exist, so I gotta go with that, but in the future global warming will definatly have more effect.

do you realize that your statement is self-contradicting?

First you discount global warming as a potentially non-existant phenomeneon, but then you claim that it will definitely be a danger to your country

Quote by Draken
I voted other, Stupidity is much more dangerous.

agreed
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
I believe that the kids where I live are turning into terrorists.
Here in Scotland we rely on the Gulf Stream to keep our climate 'moderate'. As the earth heats up, the ice caps melt, more cold water is released into the ocean, the gulf stream cools down, our climate goes to hell.

Thats what i'm worried about. Nobody has ever attacked Scotland. Except the English.
Quote by Draken
I voted other, Stupidity is much more dangerous.

Hilary is running for prez...
the more immediate thread is terrorism, but global warming is the bigger thread in the long run.
Global warming
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

Global warming, the whole terrorist things is seriously overstated.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Neither; both threats are completely blown out of proportion by equally stupid people (Bush and Al Gore). Manbearpig doesn't scare me.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by AzureNight
Neither; both threats are completely blown out of proportion by equally stupid people (Bush and Al Gore). Manbearpig doesn't scare me.

Are you super serial?
Global Warming is a myth. The Earth goes through warm and cold patches every 200-500 years. Nature adapts to it. Get over it.
Terrorism though, is a big problem for the west. We stirred up a hornets nest in Iraq and in Afganistan, and we can't leave until the nest has be destroyed, which will probably be never.
What about asteroids?

I saw a countdown about the top ways scientists think the earth will end.

Asteroids were one.
Quote by glm
I voted neither.

+1

Rabid moose attacks are a bigger problem than terrorism and global warming here.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by glm
Hilary is running for prez...

My point exactly.
Quote by Moggan13
Global Warming is a myth. The Earth goes through warm and cold patches every 200-500 years. Nature adapts to it. Get over it.
Terrorism though, is a big problem for the west. We stirred up a hornets nest in Iraq and in Afganistan, and we can't leave until the nest has be destroyed, which will probably be never.

Did I just fucking read that right?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Did I just fucking read that right?

Probably. In other words, we gotta sort out the crap we started. We cant just walk away because he'll cause even more destruction. Then leave.
people who think that we arent having an impact on the environment are idiots. Even if the greenhouse effect is a myth, there is still the fact that we are piling more and more toxic gases into a limited atmosphere.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I am suprised at the poll results so far... I new alot of people wouldn't agree with terrorism, but I would have thought that "niether" option would have been more popular.

Oh well...
people who think that we arent having an impact on the environment are idiots. Even if the greenhouse effect is a myth, there is still the fact that we are piling more and more toxic gases into a limited atmosphere.

^+1

Global warming is about the only threat my country has at the moment......ya gotta love the perpetual state of neutrality.........
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
^+1

Global warming is about the only threat my country has at the moment......ya gotta love the perpetual state of neutrality.........

Lucky you.
I'm 1/4 Irish. Can i come over and be safe?
Quote by Izz
Neither, religion is the threat.

are you being serious?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
are you being serious?

Religion is killing people in Iraq, Palestina and Israel. Yes I am. Religion is the major reason for war. I think that's a threat.
And lately terrorism has been associated with religion. And to my knowledge terrorism also kills.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Global warming, the whole terrorist things is seriously overstated.

+1
Neither. Manbearpig is the single greatest threat to humanity, way more important than global warming or terrorism. I'm super serial on this one.
Quote by Izz
Religion is killing people in Iraq, Palestina and Israel. Yes I am. Religion is the major reason for war. I think that's a threat.
And lately terrorism has been associated with religion. And to my knowledge terrorism also kills.

Dude, couldn't have been said better. Extremist bend religeon to make war. Look at the liquidations of the Jews in 1100 AD, look at the Crusades, look at NOW.
Quote by Kensai
+1

Rabid moose attacks are a bigger problem than terrorism and global warming here.

In finland, one of my dad's friends nearly died after a moose jumped into the road, and he didn't have time to swerve... Those little bastards cause loads of road accidents!

I voted global warming. I don't pretend to konw a lot about it, but if it is the case then terrorism won't seem that big a deal anyway.
Quote by Moggan13
Dude, couldn't have been said better. Extremist bend religeon to make war. Look at the liquidations of the Jews in 1100 AD, look at the Crusades, look at NOW.

Thank you.
Page 1 of 2