Ahh hello everyone, i need some help or rather advise to what i'm plannign to do yup i getting new pickups for my strat erm so i wanted to ask if anyone used it or still using it but here goes

Neck:Lace sensor light blue or blue
Mid:Lace sensor gold
Bridge: Lace sensor red

and yes i love lace sensor pickups they look good :P anyways anyone care to help? is it ok? oh and i play mostly slow rock and blues
yeah but i like the bridge to be punchy like twang! that kinda thing yup, prehaps the sliver in Mid?
Plagues ^^^ +1
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
hmm prehaps i can give that a thought, and you are positive that i can get the twang frm the gold? casue i read that the red is reccomended as a bridge pickup
ahh ok great thanks then, ok i think i'm ready to go get them thanks again, i'll bump it again to tell u how it turns out =) thanks for the tips!
they recommend the red for the bridge because generally you have a higher output pickup in teh bridge position. i think you would be happy with the red in the bridge, i dont think you really are looking for as much twang as your saying.
i think i'll stick to the gold, i guess i won't really know unless i try it, cuz i don't know how to define the twang i want and as they say nothing ventured nothing gained =) but thanks for the help either ways rixills much appreciated
go on the specs at the site and here but be careful. everyones idea of "twang", "Hot", "mellow" , ect, are different.

i personally like a hot gold pup in the neck, a silver middle and a red bridge.

also, depends on ur amp and the type of music u play.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Do you know what the difference is between the Hot Gold set and the other set (red, silver, blue) is? Which would you recommend?
i love my lace sensor red in the bridge of my strat copy, and would like to defend its corner a little bit here!!!!!!!!

i know peeps are recommending a gold in the bridge, but i think the reds really do offer a great tone unlike anything i have ever heard. as a comparison have you ever heard "steady as she goes" by the rancontuers (great song if you havn't), but personally i feel my red lace in the bridge sounds a lot like the guitar on that, sort of P-90/humbuckery type sound, it really is hard to describe but it really beefs up a sometimes weaker strat bridge position, and i agree with rixills, i think twang is sort of hard to go by, no bridge pup will have much twang (i know someone will know put one forward), its not what the bridge pup is about, its normally a high output rocky type pickup, for which the red lace sensor is a great solution for us strat lovers!!!!

if you want twang go for a tele neck pup in your strat, it may be what your'e after, but i can't really offer much opinion on any other lace's than the red, as i havn't tried any, but i can say that i am very happy with my red lace and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone!!!!!

EDIT: the difference between the sets is one of sound (not colour ) they are like different pickups, different makes, think of them as like seymour duncans, they dont just make one pickup, they make different named ones, which are good for different styles, and tha lace's are no different, only they define their makes of pickups by colour for no ther reason than it says "lace sensor" in a different colour !!!!!

Mike.
Last edited by Mike3066 at Mar 21, 2007,
Quote by Mike3066
EDIT: the difference between the sets is one of sound (not colour ) they are like different pickups, different makes, think of them as like seymour duncans, they dont just make one pickup, they make different named ones, which are good for different styles, and tha lace's are no different, only they define their makes of pickups by colour for no ther reason than it says "lace sensor" in a different colour !!!!!

Yeah, that's what I was asking- what's the sound difference?
so i'm pretty much settled on the neck and mids' now it's just the bridge its either red or gold hmm would the red have like a brigter or warmer sound then the gold?
have you considered SCN's?
or texas specials?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
nope biggie fan of lace sensors! and i won't want a tex special, the poles will just look weird haha i'm more abt looks than anything
for some reason ive never liked lace sensors when i play them, but buddy guy plays them and they sound ****ing sweet for him.
Quote by zac89
nope biggie fan of lace sensors! and i won't want a tex special, the poles will just look weird haha i'm more abt looks than anything

Then maybe you should take up pottery or painting, an art form based on visual aesthetics rather than sound.
Quote by csills
for some reason ive never liked lace sensors when i play them, but buddy guy plays them and they sound ****ing sweet for him.

I've tried Lace Sensor Golds in a couple different guitars in a couple different positions and I never got results I really liked.

Custom wound pickups ftw!
Hi, I'm Peter
why the hell would you buy pups on looks?
thats so stupid
buy for sound
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
haha it's just me, i guess but in price ranges is tex specials more expensive?
Quote by gibsonpenguin
Yeah, that's what I was asking- what's the sound difference?

check out the lace music website they now offer soundclips which may help you

http://www.lacemusic.com/

also if you just check out harmony central you will get a good idea through what the type of music people play that have rated the pickups

Mike.