Hey everyone, I've been playing bass for about a month and I was wondering what r some challenging songs that will help me get better.
Just try lounge act by nirvana. I really like that riff.
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
the bass over the solo of All right now by free.
Mr big- Free

Cant go wrong man!
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
^ double thumping? playing for 1 month? sounds difficult. Though, I guess if you learned double thumping earlier(before mastering normal slap) you may better at it later.

Try bombtrack-Rage against the machine, or any other RATM stuff, its kinda repetitive, but they have some awesome riffs that are reasonably easy to play.
play songs that actually have basslines and work off of those, try to stay away from bands with bassists that just play the root note of the guitarist's powerchord.
-Member of the Bass Militia-

My gear:

Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Austin P-Style Bass
Hondo Strat
Digitech RP 100 artist
Crate Bx-25
Crate Gt-15

killin in the name of is easy and fun
also a cool easy one is blood on out hands by death from above 1979
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Master Of Puppets - Metallica. That should be pretty challenging for someone that's been playing for one month.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Master Of Puppets - Metallica. That should be pretty challenging for someone that's been playing for one month.

I can imagine that the spider riff would be too challenging.

I dunno If you like Pop-Punk, byt try these anyway.

Carousel - Blink-182
Sincerely Me - New Found Glory

And so i don't get flamed-

My Friend Of Misery - Metallica
Peace sells - Megadeth (This will really make you better, trust me)
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
A lot of Muse basslines are good for when you're learning. Muse make the bass a much more prominent instrument than some bands do, so you're not just playing roots of chords. Have a go at Hysteria, for example.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by Welsh Guitar

Spider riff? What a cool name for it (I assume you mean near the beginning of the song)

Dawn Patrol by Megadeth isn't hard at all and is fun.
Moby Dick by Led Zep is also fun and easy.
Ace of Spades is piss easy, but is reckonised and sounds kinda cool.
Quote by Welsh Guitar

I like that, "The Spider Riff." I know what you're talking about though. Unless you were Cliff himself, I don't think you could get that down within a month of playing.

Now if you were Chuck Norris, that's a different story..
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by ZepherBass
Any Red Hot Chili Peppers is pretty unique for basslines.

Beat me to it.

Five Iron Frenzy, and almost any other kind of ska will have some awesome basslines.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Operation Ivy(how about "Yellin' In My Ear", "One Of These Days") and Rancid(try "Hyena" and "Detroit") have some killer basslines from the master himself, Matt Freeman. They might be hard for a beginner, but that's where it's at.
try maxwell murder by rancid
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by -February-Star-
A lot of Muse basslines are good for when you're learning. Muse make the bass a much more prominent instrument than some bands do, so you're not just playing roots of chords. Have a go at Hysteria, for example.

thats pretty hard for someones whos been playing a month

otherside - RHCP, would be a good one
Some Guy?
I doubt someone who's been playing for 1 month will be able to play Maxwell Murder, but it does have my favorite bass solo of all time in it...
I Recommend Older Deep Purple With Either Roger Glover Or Glenn Hughes, They Are Also A Great Example In A Great Non-digital Bass Tone.