ok i have one 20ft guitar cable and for some reason it no longer works.....i dont know why because i have unscrewed the metal things at either end and checked the connections and they are fine.....but it stil doesnt work and ther is no visible damage to any of the cable......the only other thing i can see on it is the near one end of the cable it looks like the wires inside of the black insulation on the outside have maybe twisted.....but nothing to cause damage has happened to it from when it last worked until now.

any ideas what this could be?......and im skint at the minute lol so i dont really want to have to go and buy new cables
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
the wires just have broken inside your cable Don't buy the cheapest cables the guitarstore near your town has, they're probably shit
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
have you tried using a different cable to check its not the guitar or amp?

+1

That always seems to be the problem if you didnt do something to the cable.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
yeah i have tried other cables and it is fine, everything sounds normal...its just the one cable
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Check it with an ohm meter to see if you have continuity on the wires from one end to the other. Also, check that you don't have a shot circuit ( which means one wire is touching
the other). If you don't have an ohm meter check with someone thats into electronics, they
will check it for you.
and watch how you pack your cables. very important.
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Twin Reverb II 105 Watts
Takamine EG-330 cutaway elec/acoustic
Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals