Can anyone please tell me how I can use the line-in on my soundcard with amplitube? Right now, I can only use amplitube when my guitar is plugged into the mic port.
First go to the recording settings of windows and change it to "line in". Then plug your guitar to line in and it must work. However, plugging the guitar alone won't give enough signal (although you can play this way) like an amp do. I use a bad monkey overdrive pedal as a boost to compensate the signal level.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Your best bet is to get a DI box and a small mixer. That will give you a good enough signal without risking frying your soundcard. By the way, it's probably a good idea to get a proper audio card like an M-Audio 2496, or Emu 0404, it will give you much better quality sounds for recording, and won't break the bank.
don't know what your budget is or whatever but your cheapest bet is to pick up an M-Audio FastTrack. I got one last december and its excelent for beginner recording and even more professional recording. Very easy to use too. heres the link
Quote by xmercyme21x
don't know what your budget is or whatever but your cheapest bet is to pick up an M-Audio FastTrack. I got one last december and its excelent for beginner recording and even more professional recording. Very easy to use too. heres the link

Thanks man, looks like a good buy! Thanks also to the guy above for mentioning this product as well. Well, I can't leave out the first guy...thanks to you too buddy