Okay,

I left my Tanglewood SG in my school for to periods (lessons) came back and my neck was snapped.

Any idea on how much it would cost in £££ please.

Remember because it is an SG the neck is fixed not bolt-on, oh yeah and it is near the top where the head is. basically, I have loosened the strings but they are all that is holding the head on.
I thought you snapped YOUR neck. Would be much funnier and more interesting. Sorry to hear that though...
did someone snap it, cause if i was you, that person would be dead right now...
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Technically speaking, when YOUR guitar is in YOUR school, its the schools responsibility to keep it safe. You've left it there on their property.

Don't even ask about fixing it until the school offers some kind of compensation. Schools usually have insurance for things like this.
you could take it to a guitar store and they could help. if it was insured then thats good for you. you might find some tutorials on projectguitar.com or somewhere else.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Probably not helpful, but my friend left his Vintage Les Paul in the school music locker, and it got stolen and school took no responsibility :| they said "it was your choice to leave it there" hopefully, your school wont do the same...was their any CCTV? or did any teachers see anyone enter the room?, or was it like, you left it balancing and it fell?
Quote by Moggan13
I thought this thread was about Metal Gear Solid...

My computer is retarded and won't let me post any pictures so, I will explain

There is a split starting from the non fret side about 1cm from the nut. It ends under the 2nd fret under the fretboard, completely dislodging the nut and fret board. So the head is sort of In one piece with the half that is split. Oh shit...now the nut has fallen out, showing the truss rod. Will the truss rod bend if exposed to heat or sunlight?
Aw man, thats really crap. Im sorry.

Glued in necks can be replaced, however the chances of getting an aftermarket neck to fit is pretty slim, as there is so many variables in the dimensions of gibsons / vintage . glued in necks.

Can you show me what the break looks like?, If it is a straight plit down the grain of the wood, there might be some hope in repairing the neck with PVA or epoxy glue. However the nature of magoganny is to break randomply as appose to slowly splitting. Im affraid you guitar might be a write off
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nospacesallowed
My computer is retarded and won't let me post any pictures so, I will explain

There is a split starting from the non fret side about 1cm from the nut. It ends under the 2nd fret under the fretboard, completely dislodging the nut and fret board. So the head is sort of In one piece with the half that is split. Oh shit...now the nut has fallen out, showing the truss rod. Will the truss rod bend if exposed to heat or sunlight?

If that is the case, you will probably never get the neck to flatten out again at the NUT as the wood might have epanded too much, and if it is dislodging the 2nd fret, you will likely never get the guitar at correct inottation or action as the strings will be too far up.

Pics would help alot.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I've seen threads like this before in the Gear Building & Customising forum. Post this thread in that forum and post a picture and someone will probably be able to tell you how to fix it. They're quite good with this sort of stuff.

Good luck dude
find the dude that broke it and kick 7 shades of shyte out of him.......and see if school can pay any of it
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
you need to find a good luthier who can make a new neck for it i suppose, or find an old neck, i dont know if that guitar is worth that much though as that will cost quite a lot of money,
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm