Page 1 of 2
most of you dislike mg`s...why is that? i got mg30dfx and i`m satisfied...mostly playing some blues and classic rock stuff....
they're an excellent digital recreation of the Marshall tone for practice, but if you've ever played on a reasonably good amp (tube or solid-state) you'll know why people dislike it. Its fine to start with, but once you become more serious you need to move on to a better amp.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by King ofKumbucha
How long have you been playing?

10 years playing acoustic, 6 months ago switched to electric (yamaha 112j)
Quote by zorched
they're an excellent digital recreation of the Marshall tone for practice, but if you've ever played on a reasonably good amp (tube or solid-state) you'll know why people dislike it. Its fine to start with, but once you become more serious you need to move on to a better amp.

all truth, but you can`t say: it`s just crap, like i heard so many times round here
I don't like the Mg's because in my point of view the don't sound quiet good enough...If I should choose a Marshall it would be a tube amp.
ok, ya. Considering you've just started on electric you've probably not tried many amps. Its great that you love your MG, you'll probably move on eventually though.
And I didn't say they were crap. The folks that say they're crap have probably never played one in their life and are just saying it because everyone else does.

On a side note: You're from Croatia? Sweat I've been there a couple times and I had a classmate that lived there for a number of years.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
most people on here seem to listen to metal... and they suck for metal
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Quote by thrashster
most people on here seem to listen to metal... and they suck for metal

this is true
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Well you've been playing longer than me so I don't understand how you can like it... To each his own I guess. My first amp was a Marshall MG15CD (mom got it for me for christmas...up till then I was using the port on my computer's XFI soundcard). Just don't touch the gain dial or your ears may bleed
Quote by zorched
ok, ya. Considering you've just started on electric you've probably not tried many amps. Its great that you love your MG, you'll probably move on eventually though.
And I didn't say they were crap. The folks that say they're crap have probably never played one in their life and are just saying it because everyone else does.

On a side note: You're from Croatia? Sweat I've been there a couple times and I had a classmate that lived there for a number of years.

you`re right about everything...

let me guess...you visited croatia through summer,spend some time on a beach?
As some one who doesn't play metal I can say that once you start trying better amps you'll se why most people dislike it. Its okay for practice (though a cube would of bee nbetter)
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
have you played an all tube marshall before?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
have you played an all tube marshall before?

i did...it`s a whole new world i can say...but you cant compare porsche and kia right? some people round here do that..
Quote by littlewing2

let me guess...you visited croatia through summer,spend some time on a beach?

hehe, ya. Spent a couple weeks near Umag. Probably the best vacation I've ever been on. The food was awesome
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by zorched
hehe, ya. Spent a couple weeks near Umag. Probably the best vacation I've ever been on. The food was awesome

c`mon dont be shy...you liked our girls?
haha Actually I didn't meet many Croatian girls, just waitresses and stuff. Most of the people there were tourists of course. A lot of Russians and Germans. We got to go for extremely cheap because we lived in Russia for 7 years and its costs almost nothing to get to Croatia from there because its such a popular vacation spot.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Yeah, the MG is a good starter amp, and is decent for the lower wattage ones. But to think that one could play live with the MG100dfx head or combo, is just plain silly. The 30 dfx is the best rated MG series on Harmony Central, so, I can see why you like it. But, in about a few weeks prob, you will realize it is time to move on, and when you do, by a Traynor.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
like said above...is isnt great for metal... fortuneatly for me...i have a boss gt 8
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by CarbonDeath
But, in about a few weeks prob, you will realize it is time to move on, and when you do, by a Traynor.

I think he'll probably last more than a few weeks Make the investment last. Get as much out of it as you can. I've been through three amps in the past three years, but I only switched because my playing required it.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by zorched
haha Actually I didn't meet many Croatian girls, just waitresses and stuff. Most of the people there were tourists of course. A lot of Russians and Germans. We got to go for extremely cheap because we lived in Russia for 7 years and its costs almost nothing to get to Croatia from there because its such a popular vacation spot.

listen to me now my friend! if you ever come back through summer you must visit island Pag (little town named Zrce!) lotta hot girls, lotta music, good food, sun and beautyful beaches! best parties on earth believe me....
ok guys, any recommendations if i decide to buy a new amp? and i`m not a very rich guy you know.......
Quote by littlewing2
listen to me now my friend! if you ever come back through summer you must visit island Pag (little town named Zrce!) lotta hot girls, lotta music, good food, sun and beautyful beaches! best parties on earth believe me....

Will do bro, will do.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
If money is the prob, go with vox. AD 50vt should be loud enough to play live, but any other AD series would be good. Whatever you do, dont get Line 6.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by littlewing2
ok guys, any recommendations if i decide to buy a new amp? and i`m not a very rich guy you know.......

I really all depends on your playing style and what genre you will move into. I don't know if there's a guitar store near you, but you should try all their amps out if you can. Read reviews on Harmony-Central.com to find out what various amps are good for.

Like CarbonDeath says, you could go with a Vox AD if you like it. Its a very versatile amp and its not too expensive.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
mostly playing classics, you know, hendrix, santana, sabath, floyd, guns n roses.....
also like blues stuff, like Red House, but playing delta to- Muddy, Hooker.......
blues junior
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ya, with those bands you should get along fine with a Vox AD. It'll do just about everything except Death Metal
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by zorched
Ya, with those bands you should get along fine with a Vox AD. It'll do just about everything except Death Metal

dont like metal anyway....what about the price?
You'll want to look at the first few on THIS LIST

I wouldn't get any less that 30watts (AD30VT) or you'll be kicking yourself later, unless you never plan play with others or in public. Then 15 would be fine. But considering you started with a 30 watt MG, I'd at least get a 30watt AD.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by zorched
You'll want to look at the first few on THIS LIST

I wouldn't get any less that 30watts (AD30VT) or you'll be kicking yourself later, unless you never plan play with others or in public. Then 15 would be fine. But considering you started with a 30 watt MG, I'd at least get a 30watt AD.

thanx man, croatia girls say hi!!
lol, no problem. See you around!
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
what is wrong with line 6? just wondering because a friend of my told me to check them out!!!!! let me know.....
The Marshall MG is like the situation I had with my Fender Frontman.

I thought it was great, until my ears started to develop tone, and I started playing in a band, which required it to be cranked up. It sounded awful. I then went out and tried other amps, and they sounded much better.

It's a great amp to start out on, but if you start going places or something, you'll need to upgrade.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by greendayguitar
The Marshall MG is like the situation I had with my Fender Frontman.

I thought it was great, until my ears started to develop tone, and I started playing in a band, which required it to be cranked up. It sounded awful. I then went out and tried other amps, and they sounded much better.

It's a great amp to start out on, but if you start going places or something, you'll need to upgrade.

what will you recommend?
I have an MG and it gives me a nice clean tone which i can get great blues and jazz tones out of but when you OD it it sounds bad. Even with minimal OD. I dont really play metal. I play alot of Punk, Alternative, and Rock. Now ill play "metal" solos with crazy fast picking, artifical harmonic bends and tapping but i play that on my Champ. But Im happy that you love ur MG.
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
i dont play that much on clean chanel. i like it overdrived with just a little bit of distorsion plus FDD and little bit of chorus...with setup like that my single coils just fly! i recommend everybody to try that......you can play tons of songs like that to sound great!
Quote by littlewing2
what will you recommend?

Well that all depends on what you're looking for. I don't know much about too many amps out there, but for the Blue and Classic rock sound, I might suggest a Marshall JCM800?

I don't really know. As someone like Dave_MC or something. They'd be able to give you the best suggestions.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
well when i said i like blues i think that everybody think it should be played clean-dont know why....i play it like i described it a minute ago....

anyway, so many people i spoke with said that marshal is the best ..........
Quote by littlewing2
i did...it`s a whole new world i can say...but you cant compare porsche and kia right? some people round here do that..
yeah I understand what you mean.
When I bash MG's, i usually assume that the person is going to be playing with real nice tone actually to people like at a gig- so you may need a slightly louder amp, and loud + SS (with a few exceptions like randall and a few others I cant think of) doesn't usually mix, as the sound tends to 'clip' a lot more- it distorts, but not in the nice way that a tube amp does. However, if you're just playing with yourself and learning, and dont NEED specific tones, then it's not bad- apart from it's heavily overpriced for what it is.
For the band you said about getting a new amp, i'd check out the Vox Valvetronix series and the Fender blues junior (or hot rod deluxe if you have more money to spend)

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Page 1 of 2