Well I've been trying to link these two using the loop in the amp which I understand is a parallel one . I wanted to use the amp distortion and the amp's preamp and just use the gt8 for delays chorus etc... . Well I'm no expert so what I did was:
gtr-> Amp's normal input
Amp's send -> Gt8 gtr input
gt8's normal output -> amp's return

I understood I was doing something wrong when I got the result .
Hope you can help.
cheers
Last edited by Curren at Mar 21, 2007,
i think that sounds alright to me? just make sure you have your distortions and overdrives etc. turned off on the multi-fx.

is there a level control or anything for the FX loop?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hey thanks for the reply ! No level control, and when I switch to the clean channel the volume is just too low . The fact of ithe loop being parallel could have any effect on this? Should I try anything else?
^ if the loop's parallel, there should be some way to control the wet/dry mix?

also, make sure the level of your multi-fx is up.

I guess best bet is to look at the manual or something...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My bad , it's a series effects loop , and the manual is really short on details about the loop . Any other idea? I apreciate any help anyone can give .
is the loop tube driven? if it is, the tube that drives it could be faulty.

I'd look to see if there's a level, see if your boss manual says anything about running it through loops, etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I guess it could be the tube , how do I see that? They all seem to be glowing . Some stronger than others ... but still glowing .
Guitar to GT-8 input.
GT-8 SEND to amp input.
Amp SEND to GT-8 RETURN.
GT-8 output to amp return.
I managed to get a better result like this but I had to lower the output volume on the gt8 and the overall volume is now controlled only with the volume pedal on the gt . Well don't know if it's the best but at least works . right ? lol
If you're looking to put the GT-8 in the loop...

Amp SEND> GT8 input.

GT8 out> Amp RETURN.

Your guitar gets plugged into the amp input, of course.

Make sure the LEVEL control is all the way up. If you keep the LEVEL down, your pedal will make your signal quieter, so when the pedal is on// isn't bypassed, it'll make your shit all quiet, which is probably the problem.
Incorrect. What you want to shoot for is unity gain, meaning that no matter what effect you turn on on the GT-8, the volume will sound the same. You want the same to happen when you bypass the GT-8. Cranking the levels on the GT-8 won't do anything but cause digital distortion.

Also, make sure that when you're connecting the GT-8 in the FX loop that the Loop on the GT-8 is turned off. It seems to explain why your levels are correct when you have the GT-8 connected via 4 cable method and not direct in/direct out.
Quote by Curren
Guitar to GT-8 input.
GT-8 SEND to amp input.
Amp SEND to GT-8 RETURN.
GT-8 output to amp return.
I managed to get a better result like this but I had to lower the output volume on the gt8 and the overall volume is now controlled only with the volume pedal on the gt . Well don't know if it's the best but at least works . right ? lol

well, that'll work, but now you're just by-passing the fx loop. and things like delay etc. may sound better in the loop. I dunno, to be honest.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^That's know as the 4 cable method. The GT-8 has flexible routing, so you can put any effect anywhere in the chain you want, including the GT-8's effects loop. So the "proper order" can be maintained when using this connection method.
^ ah, ok. I've never owned the gt8. Yeah, that sounds plausible.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well thanks for all the replies I'll be trying all the options you've given me!
Cheers!
The GT-8's effects loop is meant to be an actual loop in itself, not to be the connection to the amp's effects loop.

Its pretty simple that if you want to put the GT-8 in the loop you just wire the input and output of the pedal into the send and return of the amp.

Make sure all the levels on the GT-8's effects are similar, make sure the output volume is high enough, etc.

It should work that way..
^ aye, that's what I thought (disregard my post agreeing with the other guy) from the very start, but then Twostring sounded like he knew what he was talking about...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmmm...I must have missed the "rulebook"...

There is no difference between the DACs on the input, send, return or output. They're all the same. The connection method shouldn't really matter, but the 4 cable method is used to create a more flexible setup. Using this method, it is possible to completely bypass the amplifier preamp and use a preamp sim from the GT-8 direct into the power amp of the amplifier. Also, you can have effects that are "meant" to come before the preamp in front of the preamp and effects that are "meant" to be in the amps FX loop in the loop. If you want a different tone, this option comes in handy. I have not experienced any problems with this setup. In the end, it really doesn't matter what the unit was "meant" to do, it only matters what I can do.

Also, after doing some research, the unit seems to handle the input and return jacks differently. I've already sent an email to the TS about this setup (connecting the GT-8 into the FX loop using the FX return jack and output jack on the GT-8 instead of the standard input and output). The GT-8 has a limited range of adjustability on the input, where the FX return has more control to limit levels. I haven't really had a chance to dig into this concept, so I cannot verify if the input has the same adjustability, but I'll check it out and see what I find.
I'm out, I plain don't know. I'll let you and genocide fight it out, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?