Im buying a Fender Blues Deluxe soon (hence the signature) and I am going to buy it at my local store. I have been going there for lessons for 4 years and its about 15 bucks a lesson so i dump quite a bit of money into their store. There pretty good about student discounts but how much of a discount do you think is reasonable? the amp is $625. I am bringing my dad along with me because he negotiates with people on a daily basis because he is a sales manager at a radio station. And does anyone have any tips on this?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Last edited by WlCmToTheJungle at Mar 21, 2007,
just ask "whats your best shot on that?"
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Well just see what you can get out of them. Start off by asking if they'd do $500 or something like that, and if they say no just work up to a figure they can deal with.
It helps if you look like your not definitely there to buy, if they know your gonna buy it but your just trying to get a good price out of them they'll jack the price up. If they think there's a chance you aint gonna buy it, they'll sell it for lower. They'd rather just sell it.
i was actually kind of thinking about 100 bucks off? i mean if you think about it i spend 60 bucks a month x 12 and then x 4 for how many years. Thats like 3,000 bucks
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Ask for more off than you actually want as they're bound to haggle the price up. If it's $625 offer $425. That way you'll be able ot haggle the price up to about $525. They'll think that they've got you to pay more than you wanted when really you expected to pay $525 anyway.
If you ask for $525 straight they're more likely to say $575.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
You could easily get 10% off. Their markup is probably around 25%, so anywhere between 10 and 25 is possible.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████