well, i posted one a few weeks ago about this. i was going to build a tremolo from scratch to put on my les paul with as little cosmetic changing as possible. i was searching and i found bigsby's site. i have heard of bigsby but i've never used one. can you still do full dives with them or are they just for effect? i was looking toward the B7 or B70. as far as i know most people just use them for little effects in their songs but not a full on dive.
Definitely not full dives with a Bigsby. It's for vibrato on chords, very limited range.

EDIT: This requires a lot of cosmetic change but, I put a Kahler on my SG and I love it. Amazing range with locking nut, so I have NO tuning problems.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Bigsbys are for vibrato purposes only. Real diving requires a decent locking trem.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
You can get great dives with bigsbys,My dad does one Here at 1:20 i think.
Bigsbys are fantastic in my opinion.
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
Quote by CommanderCool6
You can get great dives with bigsbys,My dad does one Here at 1:20 i think.
Bigsbys are fantastic in my opinion.

I see no dives...
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Sounds like a dive to me,Maybe it's not a huuuuge dive but it still a nice little one then.
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
does he even touch the whammy at 1:20
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
i see no dives. if the guys your dad then you should know, seeing as you wouldve talked to him about it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
He uses the bigbsy yes, but that's not a dive. A real dive go way lower in pitch.
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.
It's actually at 1:25 that he uses his bigsby,I dunno if you just didn't see it or you didn't construe it as a 'dive'.

The Cubists
I've read of someone who got their Bigsby to dive, it required messing with the tension spring.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by CommanderCool6
It's actually at 1:25 that he uses his bigsby,I dunno if you just didn't see it or you didn't construe it as a 'dive'.

That's by no means a real dive. A dive is when the note goes down like, all the way. He just did a little drop.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.