Page 1 of 2
[Update September 20 2007:
Got News Again (though these took quite a bit this time.. but worth it) so all of you who supported us where we neeed it the most - see where you help lead so far.. I will now post it to the end of the thread in 5 mins..]

Hi, and welcome. If you chose to check this thread because of its name, you should be one of those thanks to whom good music still exists and still rules the world (even though many ignore the fact

We, as many bands, started by learning from the best, and the more highest-quality music we discovered, the more driven we became to do something creative ourselves - until we couldn't stand this and just jumped into it headlong.
Now we got our first album recorded (about 95%) in a great place in US (took some efforts to get there from Ukraine, you know), ready to show - but it took tons of time, years, to compose+record it, and it's only now (has been a week since) that we are trying to get the following, our team expanded on biz side, get record labels' attention...
As opposed to how it was just 5 years ago, just showing big guys the music is not enough anymore (with probably a very few exceptions) - they will always go check you on the INet, on MySpace and elsewhere, and that's where they got us unprepared... Not to mention that Ukrainian music community/industry is only growing up and you can't build much of the following there (especially at places like MySpace).
Want to be the first to know? This project may go big, the question is when - at least that's what people in the industry (those we already found with music as the only bait) think of it. Those people will go do their best to have Big Bosses hear our name and have our CD - and then your visit, feedback, sincere appreciation may actually decide, because they don't trust themselves any more - they trust you (however pathetic it may sound, it's true). We ask nothing if you don't like the stuff. But if you do - join the army, and be extremely welcome.
Our page is www.myspace.com/outvile , 4 demos available, no video yet. Decide for yourself - that's the only thing we ask for.
Last edited by D_Outvile at Sep 20, 2007,
**** thats good. I hoped you get signed because you have good songwriting ability.
Quote by el57
**** thats good. I hoped you get signed because you have good songwriting ability.

But we will With your help. And I feel it won't be TOO long to wait...
The First are hard to over-estimate... I will add your names guys to my personal list, to remember. Thank you guys, a lot.
Last edited by D_Outvile at Mar 21, 2007,
hey man very nice band !
It really has a soad feeling to it, which is really good because there isn't much bands like this.
Keep up !
If you see a poor child, don't give a fish, give him a guitar.
i really like it man! i can really notice the SOAD influence, you have some nice lyrics and really catchy riffs - i wish you all the best in your efforts.
Dude thats amazing!
SOAD influence shows big time!
Keep on rocking in the free world!

BTW: The Screaming in Rush kinda reminds me of inflames and it RULES!
Last edited by Tortiss at Mar 22, 2007,
Quote by Wonthefu
I instantly like you because your Ukrainian.

Many inspiration comes from the harsh time Ukraine pending reborn gave us... It's far from how bad it was just 5-10 years ago, even just 2-3, but it's still a harsh environment, and music-wise we have some troubles and pop-domination... yet... and we will change it in a year or two, I hope, and for that we have to become big in the Free World first, that seems to be the only strong way at the moment (I try to imagine SOAD in Armenia sometimes...and can't...)

Guys, as we get more and more brilliant replies - you can't imagine the feelings here - I have a very nbig request for you. We need at least one-two MySpace friends, those who feel this stuff - I hate just adding random people, I want to keep it hi-grade and honest even if simple and small... If you feel like it, and add yourself, it would be just great. One or two can make all the difference, don't ask for more... I would appreciate a lot.
Last edited by D_Outvile at Mar 22, 2007,
Just want to tell that, for a while, we enabled downloading at our MySpace (feel free to tell your friends ) Thanks again for great support, everyone!
Purly Amazing dude, i hope my band could be as good as u guys one day
Quote by flesh fries
"did it hurt?"
"did what hurt?"
"when satan piledrived you up from hell you bitch"

say that to a girl and BAM...immediate sex...or a smack

lmao
Quote by beatles_suck
i hope my band could be as good as u guys one day

You know I saw many great comments on our stuff, but this is probably the best one possible... I was impressed, I mean it... That means we are going somewhere... And I think the one writing such comments is getting somewhere too, good luck to you guys, it's a very hard way but it's the best one and it's worth it!!
Quote by Wonthefu

Any idea when you might be touring?

Well, if we are very lucky (which happend to us before), early autum Europe, maybe even Canada, is an ideal scenario... Not US, because getting P1 visa is tough... Though if big guys take care who knows...
The tracks sound great so far. I feel the time you've spent on it won't be in vain. You clearly have lots of determination which can carry you far, just don't think it will ensure you have success.

I'll add you on MySpace too. Hooray!
Quote by muse_
just don't think it will ensure you have success.

Oh yeah... If determination alone would be the only decisive factor... even together with music... no way. There's so much extra to do and to dig... We are trying hard... And we are not alone anymore on the muz-biz side - I mean when our demo EP will be shown our there, it will be shown by someone whom labels will at least listen... But the danger is that we didn't get no following yet (when would we?), That's a part that's missing - so your support guys may deside our destiny - and maybe soon...

Quote by muse_
I'll add you on MySpace too. Hooray!

You are highly welcome there!
Last edited by D_Outvile at Mar 24, 2007,
Well I'm getting my friends to listen and add you aswell, they all seem as impressed as I am. At least you've got your plans sorted, good luck!
Quote by muse_
Well I'm getting my friends to listen and add you aswell, they all seem as impressed as I am. At least you've got your plans sorted, good luck!

Thank you! You're saving our backspace...
As for plans - we seem to really have chances... It's piggy to count on being "very lucky" (and if we are not very lucky touring next year the earliest sounds more like it), but - we really had lots of luck already, especially in finding great people to join the team - and now great people to appreciate what we did
We will really try not to let you down guys, no matter how long it will take.
Last edited by D_Outvile at Mar 25, 2007,
wow that is relle relle good. sometimes it sounds a bit TOO much like SOAD to the point of overdoing it (as in the very beggining of Still) but its relle amazing and original most of the time. I hope u guys have it good here and even tho i cant frend u on myspace (cuz i dont have one :p ill keep an eye on u...
*sends request to 'myspace-friend'*
Yeah, that was good. I think, and hope, that you guys can make it farrrrr.
we know a place no spaceships go
Very interesting, very cool.

Kudos, ill take an album when you have one available
Going big! You guys formed quite a punch of feedback. Which was badly needed, which makes it 10 times as valuable.
If we have good BIG news on our end, we will post here as much as we can reveal... So check the post sometimes...
I love what im hearing. You guys have an amazing ability to write songs!!!!!!! I love the vocals and the singers voice which is rare because i like very few singers!!!! Im adding you right now on my myspace!
Quote by RabidBeaver
I love what im hearing. You guys have an amazing ability to write songs!!!!!!! I love the vocals and the singers voice which is rare because i like very few singers!!!! Im adding you right now on my myspace!

Wow that was one more big one...
Are you trying to spoil us?! (kidding).
Want to share some thoughts about our influences (it's 4 am here, sorry for dizzy language)...
Our main concert always was not to have parts that resemble anything we know - especially something we know and love big. We do have parts composed under direct inspiration by certain pieces of others, but we always wathed for the melodies feel and everything do be something of our own (what's the point of doing something someone did already, esp if he did it great...) I'm sure there are parts that for some will seem very close to something - while for others same parts may seem unique enolugh. I'm also sure there are parts we just overlooked in this respect, maybe by never hearing some music...
Wierd example. Almost 4 years ago (by then I didn't even hear Steal This Album and most of the stuff on first two SOAD albums) I composed a piece I really liked (for song not included in the Flash album - really nice one, our ancient worthy stuff), and then two years ago was astonished to see VIRTUALLY THE SAME piece (only that starting note is A, not D, and tempo is a little higher - but all the same performance, chords and rhythmic, including slide down in the end of both rounds, are there!!!!) on Hypnotize. So now I will have to change it, and it's upsetting - but nice to know I independently composed one of my favorite pieces on this album Would never believe these things happen haven't it happened to me...

Quote by RabidBeaver
the vocals and the singers voice

I have a feeling my brother will be really, really serious frontman/singer. He is pretty much already - and he's only 18 yet... He is getting better and better on vocals (even since our last vocal recording)... He doesn't talk even close to as much as I do btw - keeping spoken energy for vocals...
Btw he composed most of the drum parts, all the vocals, nearly 50% of song ideas themselves, and on recordings he played everything (except for drums - those he played too but not all - and keyboards).
Last edited by D_Outvile at Mar 25, 2007,
Quote by The way to hate
Still sounds extremely SOAD, but thats okay. Your stuff is pretty cool.

Obviously you guys can see it "from aside" and fresh which we can't do (as creators who spent years inside it and so can't see it by the eyes (i.e. ears) of the audience... ). So I mean no arguing about how close we are to anyone - decide on that for yourself and feel free to express it here! (What you expressed so far is very encouraging... seriously I never expected that someone will like it so fast)
Last edited by D_Outvile at Mar 26, 2007,
GAH I LOVE YOUR VOICE!!!!!! THIS IS SO GREAT!! YOU HAVE LOADS OF POTENTIAL! HOLY ****IN SHIT IM CRACKIN UP LOL I LOVE IT! I can see the SOAD influence. Keep it up!

7/10

WHY MUST U LIVE IN UKRAINE?!!
Well, good news took some time, and those are still more like a dawn and noone knows where it will lead us.. but - guys, just judge for yourself..

We got feedback and support from Sylvie Simmons - you may google to see who she is (if don't yet know), and here's a nice bio - http://www.sylviesimmons.com/bio.php

Here are excerpts ("FlashOff" is a song included on a demo EP but not on MySpace - it's harder/tougher that what's there, too tough for small kids to understand I'd say - but do we have small kids here? "Awake" is something I can't even describe verbally - also not on MySpace, will be intro to the album)

From the letter to our producer:
"Ah, it takes me back to my testostero-metal
days, when a man didn't need to take a little blue pill to get it up
for songs like Rush and Awake.
I was particularly taken with They - it had that nice
eye-of-the-hurricane element of tranciness, and a rather dangerous
psychedelia, which always goes so well with heavy rock. I like the
one-word titles. 'Flash Off' should be 'Flash' or just 'Off' or
'Flashoff'. Are they cute and young? I'm not asking for myself
- but if so I'm sure Kerrang! would love them [no comment on this one please - D ], and
that would be a big help."...

From the letter to hi-grade journalist:
"...I'm actually writing to see if you still, er, rock. Do you still do stuff for Kerrang sometimes, and if not would this interest you anyway? - 'this' being a new young Ukranian metal band called Outvile who've been recording in San Francisco. (you can check them on www.myspace.com/outvile)
Their producer Scottt Mathews sent me a 6-song CD and asked my opinion.
It sounded good to me, but since I'm not immersed in the metal world
these days I can't really judge.

I volunteered to find a better pair of ears and thought of you. I
thought of Phil A too, but he'd only put them on the cover of MOJO and
ruin their lives.
If you wouldn't mind giving it a listen and an opinion,I know they'd be
really grateful "...

We sure will be.. so hoping/crossing fingers..
And you see, where this journalist will go is MySpace, where there are your great comments/counter boosts.. so how do you think I feel about you guys..

Sincerely,
D, Outvile
Last edited by D_Outvile at May 19, 2007,
I'm going to have to say you're a pretty pompous and a hint of egotistical man. "we're gonna get signed", come on man. Don't get ahead of yourself.

As for the music, it's pretty good, but way too much System and not enough of everything else.

Good luck though!
Founder of the Thrice-aholics fanclub.(PM to join)

Proud Member #5 of UG's cKy Fanclub
Quote by Brunswick
I'm going to have to say you're a pretty pompous and a hint of egotistical man. "we're gonna get signed", come on man. Don't get ahead of yourself.

I feel either you mis-read someting above, or I mis-wrote. Whether or not we get signed big, it won't happen soon and easy, it's clear; and if our hopes are big it's because that's what hopes are for.. ("Hope for the best and expect the worst"). And I certainly try not to get "ahead of myself" (I totally like this expression btw thanks!).
Things are happening way slower than expected (which is normally the case, so nothing surprising), and it certainly teach to behave ourselves: ) And when I say earlier that the earliest possible tours would be late autumn, that was just the earliest theoretical thing and we hav to be very very lucky to do so.. There's huge way to go. And if I look any egoistic I'm really sorry, cause that's last thing I want to be.
And as for the latest news above - those are really inspiring (I can't describe why but that, especially after monthes of nothingness, matters huge). And I wanted to share that basically to show where your guys help leads us steadily (I don't expect it to be huge promo move ), and to thank you all one more time! (Not to mention that for some of less egoistic someone's success would be an inspiration for themselves )
Holding on!
You guys rock hard, seriously, amazing.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
Quote by D_Outvile
I feel either you mis-read someting above, or I mis-wrote. Whether or not we get signed big, it won't happen soon and easy, it's clear; and if our hopes are big it's because that's what hopes are for.. ("Hope for the best and expect the worst"). And I certainly try not to get "ahead of myself" (I totally like this expression btw thanks!).
Things are happening way slower than expected (which is normally the case, so nothing surprising), and it certainly teach to behave ourselves: ) And when I say earlier that the earliest possible tours would be late autumn, that was just the earliest theoretical thing and we hav to be very very lucky to do so.. There's huge way to go. And if I look any egoistic I'm really sorry, cause that's last thing I want to be.
And as for the latest news above - those are really inspiring (I can't describe why but that, especially after monthes of nothingness, matters huge). And I wanted to share that basically to show where your guys help leads us steadily (I don't expect it to be huge promo move ), and to thank you all one more time! (Not to mention that for some of less egoistic someone's success would be an inspiration for themselves )
Holding on!

Good stuff man. I just wanted to make sure you're level headed. Nobody likes dissappointment.

Eh, what do you think of my bands' stuff: http://www.myspace.com/swiftcurrentsound
Founder of the Thrice-aholics fanclub.(PM to join)

Proud Member #5 of UG's cKy Fanclub
Page 1 of 2