I have an Epi Sheraton II and i have a hypathetical question. If i wanted to get new pots or something in my guitar, how the **** would i get inside of it? there is no place i can because the back is just solid wood and theres so holes in the front, beside the F holes. How would I do this cause there has to be a way right?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

if the jack slips into the guitar u need a coat hanger and luck to get it back out.

so yeah, the f-holes i guess.
maybe under a pickup too. but either way there isnt a lot of room.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
lol no the jack didnt slip, but today i heard like a little tiny piece of something moving around in there. I am sure it was nothing because it still plays fine, i was just wondering how i would do it if something major were to happen. Why dont they put some sort of routing the back to get to the electronics anyway?
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

^lol, yeah, i just meant, "dont let the freaking jack slip in!"

that's a pretty common thread for semi hollows.

anyhoo, ive heard of some guys routing a cavity, but ive got small hands, i think with the right tools and enough patience, i could get around in there ok.
luckily my f-hole acoustic/e has held up over the years.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The f-holes are the only way to get inside a semi hollow. Most of them have a solid block of wood in the middle that the pickups are mounted on, so you would only get the wiring directly to them if you went through there.
The idea of replacing parts in a semi-hollow makes me shudder >.<
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
you take a gallon of gasoline, and about a quart of laundry detergent, (liquid, not that powder shit) and dip the guitar in it, take a lighter, and let it burn untill you have a hole big enough to stick your hand in.

but in all seriousness, the F holes. and how you would replace the pots, i have no idea. can you get through through the pup cavities?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
you take a gallon of gasoline, and about a quart of laundry detergent, (liquid, not that powder shit) and dip the guitar in it, take a lighter, and let it burn untill you have a hole big enough to stick your hand in.

hahaha remember when that one kid took his guitar on a bike ride, fell and it got dirty, and then he rinsed it in a bucket of soap of water and wondered why it didnt work?

good times of UG
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

indeed, good times. that thread gets revived every once in a while

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414900&highlight=biking+mud

here it is
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Last edited by tubadude at Mar 21, 2007,
where is that thread ? ive been looking for it for ages!!!

but pertaining to the thread i think it would be easier to work from the pickup cavities than the f holes...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
alot of patience is what you need and be careful i have 3 hollowbodys myself and i am one for opening them up, but yeah coathangers and small knick knacks will help you, just remember where everything goes and what order they go in