i have a friend who is an amazing graffiti artist and i want him to do my 335 to make it unique and even more beautiful, but i really dont want to take the neck off and sand it down and id prefer to not take out the electronics if possible, is there a way i can do that?
i doubt it unless he paints the back
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
well the back would be painted aswell, i figure id have to take out the electronics but i was just seeing if there was a way to not do that. would spraypainting it without sanding it down cause any damage to the instrument? theres already a pretty long, deep scratch on it which is why i would even consider painting it like this, so it wont make it worth any less.
You'll have to take the electronics out at the very least. You can tape off the neck so no paint will make contact.

If you do paint over the finish, you'll need to lightly scuff the body, spray the paint, then clear coat over it.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
If you have a stratocaster guitar then its amazingly easy to remove the hardware and stuff... seriously you should remove everything if you are going to refinish the guitar

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.