Hey Everyone,

For those of you who don't know about it yet. Boss and Fender recently collaborated and released two new pedals that are meant to exactly imitate the sounds of the two classic Fender amps. These being the '59 Bassman and the '65 Twin Reverb. Check them out here...
http://www.bossus.com/

I'm wondering what people think of this idea from a strictly blues/jazz perspective. And if anyone's tried out the pedals playing either of those styles; what've you thought of them?

I think it's a great idea to try to achieve the sounds of classic amps in an affordable package, especially with the ridiculous price of vintage equipment as of late. If it works then this will definitly be good news for Blues players who want to take a step-up on their tone but can't afford a major purchase right now.

However, at the same time, as a Blues/Jazz player i'm very attracted to the concept of the "real deal", no digital tom-foolery and whatnot. Nothing will ever compare to the smooth sound of a real tube amp behind me, and a lot of serious players know this. As such, I can't help but feel this is a bit "fake" and that the companys are just trying to throw their names together to make a few bucks.

I think i'm going to reserve judgement until I can try out both products for myself and that will determine whether they've made a quality product or a cheap money-grab.

Cheers
-Falcatarius
from my point of view you can not copy a tube amp into a small metal box. You are very right when you say that it sounds abit "fake". i would suspect it sounds nice but nowhere near as nice as the amp itself. From a blues piont of view i can't see clapton or buddy guy using one of these. just buy the amp- a much better investment
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
well a lot of people are doing that now with those pedal with tubes. Listen to the seymore duncan twin tube. Its sounds really good. And you dont have to carry with you those 10 ton amps.
Quote by matt92l
From a blues piont of view i can't see clapton or buddy guy using one of these. just buy the amp- a much better investment

assuming, of course, that you can afford to shell out the same sort of money that clapton or guy can.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I don't think I would purchase one, but they have a decent sound anyways. I mean for someone who is short on cash, they could be interesting to play around with.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
it might good if used not to make an ss sound like a tube, but to improve the tone of your current rig. i would like to try one out with my rig